Chapter 14: You Know Why

Macie's POV

"Haz, please, come on mate! You don't have to talk to her after, you don't have to do anything other than go on this date with her." I heard Niall begging Harry in the hall.

He had met a girl last night who would only go on a date with him if Harry took her friend out on one too. I couldn't help but sit at my door with my ear pressed against it to hear everything.

"Niall, I really don't want too. I don't want it to start rumors, or have someone call me names because I only went on a date and then turned her down." Harry said, I could tell how frustrated he was by his tone.

"What if she's the one mate? What if after tonight, you want to see her again? I support you not wanting hook ups any more Haz, I'm just saying, how are you supposed to meet the one if you stop going out completely."

I bit my lip and sat back against my door. Niall was right. Harry's person could be out there, but he would never know if he never went out there and tried to find her. I bit my lip knowing he was putting up a fight because we had planned to go out and get drinks together once Niall left.

It didn't matter if in my mind I had invented something between us. Or if there was something really there. We could never go forth with it. Niall would never allow it.

I got up from the floor and took a deep breath, before opening the door, "Oh hey guys, uh Harry, I was actually coming to find you, my stomach is bothering me a bit. I don't think it would be smart to go through with the plans for today."

"Are you okay? Do you need something?" Harry asked and I quickly shook my head.

"Probably just sleep, must have eaten something off for lunch." I pressed my lips into a soft smile.

"See mate, you'll be all alone tonight anyways. Mace, tell him to come out!" Niall looked at me and I looked at Harry. I tried my best to smile sincerely.

"Haz, go out with Niall. Keep him in check, make sure he isn't too much of a douche tonight." 

Harry searched my eyes and I quickly looked away, looking at Niall, "You two have fun. I'm going to sleep before I hurl."

I kept a fake smile on my face until I completely shut my door, leaning against it. It hurt, but I knew it was the right thing to do.

Later that night, when I was sure the boys had gone, I made my way downstairs to grab a bite to eat. Having to hide away until they were gone had left me starved.

I looked through my phone for a movie to watch, completely distracted when suddenly a voice startled me.

"You're looking much better."

I squealed softly, dropping my phone from my hand. Harry's eyes caught mine instantly and I felt panicked. I quickly bent down and picked up my phone, standing right back up.

"I uh, the sleep. It helped." I managed out sticking my phone in the pocket of my sweats. I licked my lips sucking my bottom in slightly as Harry shook his head.

"Liar."

"I'm not Haz, I really didn't feel well."

"And it had nothing to do with the conversation your brother and I were having outside your door in the hallway."

I shook my head quickly, "I didn't even realize."

"Mace."

"Haz." I took a deep breath, before realizing Harry was seeing right through me, "Everything he was saying was true. What if she's out there?"