Chapter 9: Amsterdam

We arrived at the hotel in Amsterdam the next day, everyone was already waiting for us in the room Niall, Harry and I would be sharing. As soon as we walked through the door, the boys tackled Harry down on the bed and I couldn't help but crack up.

I caught a glimpse of someone walking over to me, turning to see it was Louis. He came over and hugged me tightly, "Missed you Mace, you feeling better?" He asked as he pulled away, keeping his arms wrapped around my waist.

I felt slightly uncomfortable for multiple reasons. I didn't want Niall upset, I didn't want Louis to keep thinking there was hope, but most importantly I didn't want Harry to feel jealous or upset.

I broke from his hold, trying my best to not make the situation awkward, "Missed ya too Louis, missed all of you. I'm a lot better thanks, just stuffy still."

"Crazy you and Haz both got sick." He said, an eyebrow raised.

"Well him and Niall took care of me that first day. And Harry was closer to me at times more than Niall." I shrugged, feeling even more uncomfortable.

"Well all that matters, is you both are better and here now. Too bad you can't come out with us tonight."

"Well, it is a boys night. I'm sure you'll have a blast without me there." I smiled looking over as the boys stood up, Zayn coming over and hugging me softly.

"Little Horan, you feeling better?" Zayn said, side eyeing Louis.

"Yeah, but I'm looking forward to just sleeping tonight. Need that final bit of recovery. I really want to explore tomorrow."

"What is it you want to do?" Lou smiled at me

"Well, the Anne Frank house, walk around the canal, visit some museums. I've never been here before, so I just want to see what I can these next three days before we leave." I smiled big.

"I'd love to see a museum, if you don't mind me joining?" Lou said softly, and I bit my lip taking a deep breath.

Before I could answer, Harry appeared placing his arm around my shoulder, "Niall bought the Anne Frank tickets, so we are all set for tomorrow." He said looking down at me, completely unaware of the conversation that we were just having.

"Right." said Lou, moving around us towards the door.

I broke out of Harry's hold and turned to face Louis. I peeked up at Harry then back at Lou, "I'll...I'll be right back."

I started to walk away and Harry caught my arm, "Are you okay?" I looked down at his hand on my arm, glancing over quickly at Zayn before pulling away.

"Yeah, it's just, Lou's upset. I don't want him upset because of me. I'll be back." I smiled small at Harry then at Zayn before running after Lou.

Harry's POV

"Maybe she does like him?" Zayn said to me and I could feel jealousy over every bone in my body.

"No, she...she just cares, that's all." I said, swallowing my pride.

"And maybe you two like each other." Zayn said lowly so only we could hear and I quickly turned to look at him.

"What?" I said, unsure of what else to say.

Zayn just shrugged at me, "Nothing. I know nothing."

"Where is Macie?" Niall said walking over to us.

"Uh, Louis got upset about something, I think she just doesn't want him hurting." I said softly.

"It's his own fault! He already knows she ain't ever going to like him." Niall rolled his eyes and Zayn just smirked softly at me.