Chapter 23

One month had passed since Taeyong's disappearance. And Jaehyun won't still accept it. For him, Taeyong didn't leave. He just had something to do. He would come back. Yes, after Taeyong settled with things he needed to do, he would come back to Jaehyun. Like he always did. The man asked Johnny about Taeyong's whereabouts but even the Incubus didn't know anything.

Jaehyun bugged Johnny every day like a lost puppy looking for his master. Every time he went home, he called out Taeyong's name. Hoping that the latter would greet him like usual with his charming smile. And when there's no answer, the man would look around the home. Hoping that Taeyong was somewhere in the house. And every time Jaehyun realized, he was alone.

"If he leaves me, why did he give me this power?" Jaehyun asked himself as he looked at his hand covered in a black aura.

Using the grimoire left by Taeyong, Jaehyun tried his best to master the power. The demon for sure would compliment him when he came back. Controlling the power was hard at first but then he figured out that the higher his sexual drive, the stronger the power became, and the easier for him to control. As expected from the demon of lust.

Every day, Jaehyun motivated himself to be better at controlling this power. And he did. Now, he could use the power with ease. But then, it hit him. He did all this and for what?

Taeyong never came back...

Jaehyun sat on the balcony, Taeyong's favorite place. He's tired of crying. The man let these last tears roll down his cheeks. Because this would be the last time he became this pitiful. This was the end of their story. People said time would heal. Yes... Jaehyun just needed more time.

"I need to be stronger..."

Time seemed to move slowly after Taeyong left. So slow that Jaehyun couldn't take it anymore. He wanted to heal faster. This was too painful for him.

"It's okay. Everything will be alright..." I tried to convince myself.

Out of a sudden, my legs turned weak and I fell to my knees while clenching my chest. I must be decisive. I couldn't be wavered by him for too long. I must learn to live without Taeyong. I gritted my teeth, holding the pain.

"I can endure it..." my face was soaked in tears again.

"I'll lead a good life without him."

Taeyong was the first one who made me feel love. Taeyong was my first love. It's hard to forget all the moments we had together. All the sparks I felt when our bodies were against each other. How can I forget all that?

"I'm not in pain... I'm not in pain..." my shaky voice still trying to convince myself.

I needed time to adapt.

Jaehyun then ran to his room and looked around. He was searching for the white shirt Taeyong loved to wear. Found it. Jaehyun lightly caressed the fabric and he took a good sniff. The sweet scent of Taeyong was still there. The soft scent of red rose with a slight mix of vanilla.

Should Jaehyun consider this as lucky? That at least he could still feel Taeyong close to him. He hugged the shirt.

"I miss you..." Jaehyun lay on the floor.

"Really miss you..."

Taeyong used to lay beside him when Jaehyun went to bed. So that the first thing Jaehyun saw when he woke up was Taeyong. All the touches and kisses that were shared between them.

"It's just temporary pain." Jaehyun curled his body.

"He won't come back, will he?"

I should tell him how much I love him every day. If only Taeyong replied back... would everything be different? Maybe it won't. He never replied back. Taeyong never loved me. He just wanted my essence.