01 | Dear Darling

*Now playing -
Love Poem by IU*

Dear Darling, I don't know how to start this.

I love you.

No, I mean, yeah. I do. I love you but maybe that's not how I should start this.

I will start by saying, sorry.

I'm sorry, Darling.
I'm sorry I lied, multiple times.
I'm sorry I hurt you. I never wanted to hurt you. I only want to see you happy. I wanted to hear you laugh and see the glimmer in your eyes.
I want that for you.

I know you're probably mad at me, I would be mad at you. I'd curse your name and ask myself, why? Why you would leave and on top of all that, why so suddenly?

For me, it wasn't sudden. I knew for a while.
The day I put your shop on priority, I knew.
The night I pushed my fears aside and took you on the rooftop of your restaurant and told you I loved you, I knew.
Does that make me a horrible person?

You are the only person who heard those words, you are the last.
I'm happy about that, I'm happy I at least did that for you.
I know, I gave you a lot and you would always tell me how you will repay me and all that but I always shut it down because I didn't need nor want anything from you Minho.
I only wanted you.

I talked with Changbin today, and told him and Chan about the plan and they yelled at me. Told me the typical shit like how selfish I was but you know what I did, for the first time...I listened.
I didn't yell back or try to argue.
In my heart and my mind, I knew I wasn't doing it for myself, for the first time I truly believe I wasn't being selfish.

This didn't benefit me, I won't get anything from this.

Changbin is my partner but he doesn't legally own anything. He wanted it that way so it would be an easy way out for him. The only reason he hasn't left is because of me, but I know he wants to. He wants a family, a life—a real life without having to watch his back.

He owns the club, that's it but nobody knows how close me and Changbin work together, by the end of this. If I don't return, Changbin is in the clear along with Chan. They will be out, and I owe that to them.

And you, you deserve happiness and love.

I spent years without you and now I beat myself up about leaving you that night. I should have stayed, maybe ran after you.
Is that what you wanted?

I didn't treat you like you should have been treated when we were younger and I'd wish I can go back and tell myself to get a grip on life and admit what I felt for you wasn't wrong.

You were my best friend, the person I relied on to make my days better and you did.
I love you for that and I thank you.

I wish I could tell you how much I am thankful for you. For your daily attitude and ego boosts.
I am thankful I just got to be around you, but I'm honored to have been loved by you.

Lee Minho, I love you.
I love all of you.
You are perfect, never doubt that.

Now, I need to finish writing this before you wake up.
I had a stern talk with the cats, I told them to take care of you and watch out for you.
It's silly, but I think it helped me.
I've grown anxious and I've been trying to spend as much time with you as possible but the guilt has been eating me up.

Again, I'm sorry darling.
I don't know when you will find this or if you ever will, but I hope you do.
I hope you don't go on hating me or in pain.

I don't want you to regret anything, I don't want you to think you needed to do more or less.
I don't want you to think this is somehow your fault.

Live happily, live long,
I love you forever and always.

- Jisung

*Now playing -
Love Poem by IU*