Chapter 22 - Routines

Once again, some are sleeping most of the flight, some are eating and the girls and I are editing our pictures for social media.

Just some touches to the lighting and removing the guys from the background of some pictures.

______

"Yeah, we just landed, I'll call you when I'm home." I talk to April over the phone.

"Great, your mom was getting worried that something happened on the flight." she laughs. My poor mom, always worrying.

We send us kisses and hang up.

"Your family?" Khia asks.

"Yes, my cousin, April." I say.

"Oh, such a pretty name, tell us more about your family. I'm sure you got your kindness and sweetness from them." she smiles, so on the car ride back home from the airport, I tell them a bit about my family.

Everyone is at home after a short car ride and I don't know about them, but I'm pretty exhausted.

I have just started to relax on my couch when I hear a knock on my door.

"Hey." Colt smiles at me as I open the door.

"Hey." I greet him back, welcoming him inside.

"Thought that you might be hungry, so I brought us some food." he holds up my favorite food.

"Oh my god, you are amazing. Thank you so much!" I hug him.

"Thank you for hugging me because of me bringing food." he laughs holding me tight.

We sit down laughing and turn on the TV.

And it's a great evening, especially because we actually found something to watch before the food was getting cold.

"I heard you talking to your family." Colt reaches over to his drink.

"Yeah, oh-! I forgot to call April." I immediately get my phone to call her.

"My mom is getting quite worried when she's not hearing from me for a while, so I had told her that I would call her right when I arrive home, when I called her on the Maldives before flying back here." I call April via video call.

Colt chuckles and takes a sip from his drink.

"Hey mom!" I start speaking in my native language. Colt is listening really carefully.

"Oh, hey my darling, how are you, how was the flight back home?" she asks and we have a short conversation about the vacation. My family is currently back in our home country, so the whole family is back together.

"That sound so nice. I'm really happy that you had fun! You deserve to rest my darling, don't overwork yourself, you're already doing a lot. Are you okay there? Is everything fine?"

"Yes, yes, everything is great! I'm working on bigger projects and finally am slowly making a name for myself." I smile.

"I am so proud of you. We've seen the exhibition you've designed on TV and in some online articles after you send us videos. Everyone is admiring your achievements."

I'm completely focused on our conversation, which then continues with my dad and more family members, who are all together to celebrate a traditional celebration. But I can still see Colt smiling and looking at me, from the side of my eye.

"We love and miss you soo much." April sends me a kiss.

"I miss you guys too!" I send a kiss back.

We then slowly end the call.