Chapter 19 - Trust

"What are you do-?" I am cut if by a harsh, yet passionate kiss.

Colt closes the door behind him, pressing me against the wall, without hurting me.

He's holding me so tight, as if he is scared of me running away.

I can feel his heart running a marathon in his chest.

I pull away, still not understanding when, why and how he got here.

Well, how, I can answer myself.

Plane.

But when and why?

"Colt, what are you doing? Here and in general, what was that!?"

"I'm sorry, Elia, I couldn't be without you anymore." he admits.

"I got here just a few minutes ago. I told myself that I wouldn't come here but I couldn't wait for you to come back."

I want to speak but I don't know what to say.

I mean what could I say?

"If only you were so eager to see me when I was trying to get at least just one message or call from you." I say, yup, I am petty.

Petty and proud.

"Well, let's just have breakfast." I say. I really have no idea what to say.

"... yeah, I think this would match this better, oh, this would be cute too and -" Hailee stops styling Khia when she sees Colt.

"What are you doing here?" she asks.

"Hello to you too, Hailee." Colt says.

"I am so hungry!" Khia says, putting the last plate on the table.

We made a plan with who prepares breakfast on which day, today it's her turn.

We eat breakfast while Khia and Hailee are telling Colt about the jet ski race.

"Elia won?" he asks to be sure that he heard right.

I roll my eyes to which he laughs.

"Well, she can race against you, if you can't believe it." we hear Jay's voice from the entry door.

"Knock knock." Khia corrects Jay.

"Sorry, knock knock." he says, instead of knocking, when he has already passed the door.

"Why didn't you tell us you wanted to join, now you had to travel alone." Jay takes a bite from on of the pancakes.

"Didn't know I was coming here 'til yesterday."

"Well, nice that you did." Jay smiles, taking another pancake.

"Are you guys starving over there?" Hailee asks.

"I would like to joke about it, but it's serious. Yeah, none of us want to cook." Jay admits.

"Why? You all can cook, after all your parents sent you guys to every single course they found in the area." Khia says.

Wow, their families are really hardworking and disciplined people.

"Yes, but there is this thing called 'laziness'."

"Call them over, we made more than enough."

"Don't need to tell me twice, otherwise they'd eat me." Jay sprints out.

I try to look over to Colt, without him noticing but this guy is already full on looking at me, not even discreetly.

I look back on my plate. That's a typical Elia move.