Chapter 21 - Re-starts

We walk for an eternity. I should've made him carry me.

"Get in." he signals towards a boat.

"Huh?"

"Get in." he repeats.

"Are you sure that we'll make it back if we get in there?" I laugh.

"We will." he chuckles back.

He holds my hand to help me get in the boat.

It's quiet for the first few minutes, but then we stop after we're further away from the shore.

I lay down to look at the stars.

After being skeptical at first, Colt lays down next to me.

"Look, the stars are so bright." I smile, pointing at all the stars.

"They are beautiful." Colt says.

"Ah, a shooting star! Make a wish!" I get excited and think about my wish.

Colt smiles and closes his eyes with me.

"Okay, actually you should not say what you wished for, but can you tell me a small thing about your wish?" I was curious.

I mean what could a guy, that can have anything and everything he wants immediately, wish for?

"Will it come true even if I tell you?" he smiles.

"Yes." I guarantee him smiling.

I actually don't know.

He gets up to sit next to me.

I do the same.

Oh, it's getting serious.

"I wish that you will be my girlfriend." he says.

Huh?

Oh.

Wait, what do I answer?

Smile.

Smile and wave?

No. Better not.

I smile.

"Why are you smiling?" Colt tries to ask as he is laughing at my expression.

"But I am. I am your friend who is a girl." I smile.

"Ah, well, let me explain it a bit better. I want you to be the girl I share my whole life with. Every second, minute, day of my whole life. The good and bad days. I want to share every memory with you. Be successful with you. I want you to be part of my life. I actually want you to be my whole life. Everything I need and could ever wish for." he says, not breaking eye contact.

"And I will treat you perfectly. I will communicate my problems. I will tell you every worry I have, find solutions for problems with you.

I want to make you happy and be happy with you. I want you to enjoy life without any limits and I will do whatever I need to do, to make it possible. I just need one last chance from you." he continues.

It's quiet for a bit. I need a few seconds to think clear and think about what I am going to say.

"Do you promise to communicate?" I ask.

"I promise." he says, taking my hands gently into his.

"See? I was right. Wishes also come true if you say them out loud. But mine came true too." I gently smile at him.