Chapter 9 - Teamwork

The guys carry all the things into the elevator and then to my apartment and unpack everything.

Shit, I don't have any tools.

"Oh, guys, I just noticed that I don't have any tools." I say, looking at the pieces on the floor.

"Don't worry, Colt and I picked out all the needed ones." Kai holds up two big tool boxes in his hand and four drills on top.

I smile at Colt who was leaning against the kitchen island.

Right place for dinne-

Shut up.

"Thank you so much." I thank Kai who gives me a kind nod.

The guys immediately start building all the furniture.

"I'm gonna hammer your head on the wall if you don't stop fucking singing. You sound like a fucking fly." Haze warned Zade who was singing right next to his ear instead of helping.

Kai and Felix were arguing over what way to turn the shelf and Santiago was checking out himself in the still wrapped mirror.

Jay and Kayden were working on the top shelfs of a cupboard and from stretching up their shirts lifted a bit, showing a bit of their defined abs.

Can Colt help them?

I mean as support.

No other reason.

At 9 p.m. we were completely done with everything. Also decorating and organizing (my favorite parts).

I order food as a 'thank you' for everyone and while we were waiting, we cleaned the last corners in the apartment and everything was beautiful and clean and comfortable.

Finally, the food arrives and everyone was quiet while eating from being exhausted.

"Thank you guys for helping me." I say as I am cleaning up.

"Thank you for the cool day!" Kayden smiles.

"We should all hangout more often." Felix suggests, to which we all agree. Even Colt, but he didn't make his agreement too obvious.

After an hour they all left except for Colt.

"Bye Elia! Hope to see you soon!"

"Byee."

"Sleep well, princess!" Santiago waves and gets slightly hit by Colt, but he had already run a bit so was not hit too hard.

"I'm going to give you the money for the furniture back." I say, closing the door.

"I don't want it."

"I don't care, I don't want you to spend money for me."

"But I do." he looks at me, smirking.

"Colt I'm not joking." he is still smirking.

It is silent for a few seconds while Colt is still looking at me, his smile slowly fading.

"Can we be friends?" he asks out of nowhere.

Huh?

"Friends?" I ask confused.

"I- I mean it's important for me as your boss to be closer to you." he slightly stutters.

"Are you friends with everyone at the company?"

"No, but they are not as important as you."

What???

"I mean work-wise, as an interior designer, especially our only one, you have an important part so, you know, yeah." he ends his thoughts.