Chapter 20 - Friends

"Yeah, the day where we went to dinner, I heard them on a phone call.

When we got home, a few minutes after Zade had left, I heard him talking to Colt saying something like 'you have to come here, ... misses you.' I didn't hear the name 'cause I accidentally bumped into the door, but he probably joked and said one of our names." he reports, laughing.

"Ah, he probably said that you were missing him." I joke.

"Yeah, Colt would actually believe that too."

We laugh on the way back.

So, Zade got Colt here and most probably told him that I was missing him.

Wing man.

I'd like to thank him, but I can't put Jay in such a situation, so I won't say anything.

"Can we walk around before we got to the restaurant?" Colt asks me, I can't really see him since I am sitting down and Colt is standing next to me against the sun.

"Who are you?" I try to piss him off.

"Who? What? Who else would ask you to go for a walk?"

Why does it sound like I'm a dog.

"Many people here." I turn to the front.

Colt squats down next to me and the sun shines right into my eyes when I turn to him.

Hi. You're handsome.

Now, don't say that out loud.

"Elia." he starts in his calm, raspy voice.

"Colt." I do the same thing to him.

He smirks.

Don't do that.

"Come on." he continues his smirk, holding out his hand for me.

Of course I get up on my own.

Then, as if the smirk is not enough, he shakes his head to me getting up and rejecting his hand.

"Let's go." he says in the same voice, which he can keep forever if he wants to. I don't have a problem with it.

We walk and talk and he not even once mentiod anything about our situation, which I like.

He doesn't pressure me into anything.

"I'm Colt." he introduces himself, holding out his hand.

"Hm?" I look up to him.

"Oh, I'm Elia." I smile and shake his hand.

His grip soft, yet firm.

Not hurting me and squeezing my hand, but also holding me tight enough to not lose my hand.

"Nice to meet you Elia." he smiles.

"Nice to meet you too, Colt." his smile kind of softens when I say his name.

"Can we start over, Elia!" his eyes sparkling with hope.

You know what. I think he learned from ignoring me.

"Yes, we can."

He lets go of my hand in excitement, first going through his hair then placing one on his cheek in disbelief.

"Really!? Oh my god."

"Yeah, really." I laugh.

"Thank you so much." he laughs, hugging me tightly and lifting me from the ground.