Chapter 17:Just friends,right?

Ginny was walking towards the outside courtyard for her free period. She hadn't seen Lavender all day besides when she tried to wake her up this morning. Lavender just shook her head and turned over, so Ginny figured that she might be waiting for her there.

"Boo!" Lavender popped out from around a corner.

"Lavender where have you been?" Ginny asked.

"Sorry, I came back pretty late last night." Lavender sighed as they walked out into the cold.

"Oh really?" Ginny smiled and winked at Lavender. They walked across the soft new snow that fall the night before. The courtyard was surprisingly filled with people. Ginny and Lavender swept off some snow from the ledge of the wall that was on the other side of the courtyard and sat facing each other. "You know Lav. I just realized that I haven't asked you about you and Theo. I feel like a horrible friend." Ginny said.

"Please, Gin. I haven't even talked about it to you, I was too caught up with you and...him." Lavender smiled.

"Well I'm asking now. Is that where you were last night?" Ginny asked.

"I wasn't at his dormitory." Lavender shook her head. "We went to the room of requirements." Lavender said nonchalantly.

"Oh really?" Ginny smiled from ear to ear.

"It's not what you think...well not totally." Lavender laughed.

"Well then tell me what it's about." Ginny smiled.

"Well yes we have had sex, but we don't always go to the room to do that. We talk and whatnot." Lavender explained.

"You two have had sex?" Ginny asked in shock. "How come you didn't tell me!" Ginny almost yelled.

"Well I was too busy asking you about you two." Lavender said with a little blush showing on her cheek.

"But still why didn't you tell me? Did it happen after the dance?" Ginny asked.

"Yes." Lavender blushed even more.

"Merlin Lavender!" Ginny yelled.

"Can you scream that louder?" Lavender asked as she looked around to see if anyone heard them.

"Oooo it looks like your dream boat is coming anyway." Ginny teased as she saw Theo and Draco headed over to their direction.

"Hey! Don't forget that your dream boat is with him." Lavender pointed out.

"Lav! Shhh!" Ginny said and looked around to see if anyone heard her.

"Hey beautiful." Theo said as he smiled at Lavender. Ginny slid over so that Theo could sit next to Lavender. She looked up at Draco and he smiled down at her and sat next to her. It wasn't close enough to get any whispering, but it was close enough to show that they were being friendly towards one another.

"Aren't you cold?" Draco asked with a smile looking at Ginny's long checkered coat.

"Nope this coat keeps me pretty warm." Ginny smiled back.

"Yeah but you're outside in a skirt in the snow." Draco chuckled.

"Ok so I'm a little chilly, but today is such a nice day out." Ginny rolled her eyes with a smile.