Chapter 13:Whispering

Ginny woke up in her bed wishing that she had warm strong arms wrapped around her still. Ginny sat up and stretched and noticed that no one was in the dorm with her. The door of the dorm opened and Lavender stood there with a wide smile and a plate of food in her hands.

"Good morning Cinderella." Lavender said as she closed the door and walked over to Ginny.

"Who's Cinderella?" Ginny laughed.

"Well a muggle-born Ravenclaw has been calling you that. Apparently it's a muggle fairytale about a girl who went from rags to riches." Lavender explained as she placed the plate of food on Ginny's night table. "I brought you some food because you do not want to go down there." Lavender laughed pointing to the door.

"Is it really that bad?" Ginny asked.

"Totally. People are making up ridiculously rumors." Lavender rolled her eyes.

"Oh Merlin like what?" Ginny rolled her eyes and fell back down on her bed.

"Like you two are dating. That you're the blonde from the party, or the hooded girl." Lavender listed off.

"Wait!" Ginny said sitting up with a quizzical look. Lavender knows that I am the blonde from the party and that I am the hooded girl. Lavender thought to herself. "If I said 'The Teddy Bears only grow in the Spring' then you would say?" Ginny said.

"What?" Lavender asked confused, suddenly the door of the dorm opened and another Lavender stood in the doorway with another plate of food in her hands.

"Who the hell are you?" The other Lavender yelled.

"I'm Lavender Brown." The first Lavender said as she stood up from Ginny's bed. Ginny looked back and forth from the two Lavenders.

"No you're not! I'm Lavender Ann Brown!" The second Lavender yelled. "Revealomis!" The second Lavender yelled and pointed her wand at the first Lavender. The first Lavender screamed and a puff of smoke formed around her. When the smoke cleared it was clear that the first Lavender was actually Romilda.

"I knew it!" Lavender yelled from the doorway. "Get out now!" She yelled and pointed out of the dorm and Romilda ran out of the room without saying anything. Lavender huffed deeply and turned back to Ginny and smiled. Lavender walked over to Ginny's night table and waved her wand over Romilda's plate of food and it disappeared. She then replaced it with her own plate.

"I really hope that you didn't tell her anything." Lavender said as she sat next to Ginny. Ginny looked at Lavender like she didn't trust her. "What?" Lavender smiled.

"If I said 'The Teddy Bears only grow in the Spring' then yo-." Ginny asked.

"Then I would say 'Chocolate frog jump to the north." Lavender said without letting Ginny finished.

"Good." Ginny breathed letting out a deep breath. "Sorry Lav, but I couldn't take that chance." Ginny explained.

"It's ok, I would have done the same thing." Lavender shook her head.

"So are the rumors that Romilda was telling me about true?" Ginny asked.

"That depends, what did she tell you?" Lavender asked.