Broken Crayon Still Colors

You made me believe I wasn't
worthy and I let that brew.
But now I can see, I can do better than you.

I walked the walk and talked the talk
when you first found me. I was an unapologetic woman, who wore her heart on her sleeve.

You started to make me feel shameful about my confidence. Instilled self hatred until  it was with you, I danced.

I can do better than you, I know that now.
I can do better than your low blows and
all your talking down.

You made me think the problem was with me and that's why we couldn't work out. I ended up resenting love and lived in the self doubt.

Slowly, I'm getting back to me.
All clouds that are lifting, I can finally breath.

I surrounded myself with the right kind of people.
A small group, but my perfect kind of circle.

Never again, will I choose someone who can be so selfish. Never again, will I try to repair the narcissist.

I can find someone who worries, if I don't have a real smile. Who can be genuine and kind, never fathom being so vial.

I can find someone who lets me hear the music.
Someone who doesn't care about the volume and doesn't refuse to let me change it.

I can find someone who lets me use all the colors.
Let's me wear what I want because to him, it's not a bother.

I surround myself with those who help me believe it's all true. The truth of the matter being, I can do better than you.