Chapter 56

Lorenzo's POV

I don't know why, but for the first time ever in my life I was nervous. I am currently standing outside Brielle's apartment trying to work my way up to walking inside to get Leon for our day together.

I don't know why I'm nervous, I mean for fucks sake I am a mafia leader and I'm scared to walk up into an apartment to get my son. Not much of a bad ass leader after all. I have never in my 30 years of living had been so nervous to the point I am thinking of backing out.

It's bad enough that Brielle already hates me, which clearly she has a good reason to. But if Leon begins to hate me I don't think I will be okay with that. I don't want him to look at his father wishing that I was someone else.

Someone else maybe being the guy Brielle is going on a date with tonight.

If I were to say that when she blurted that out I wasn't affected, I would be lying terribly. When she said that my blood began to boil, I know I have no right to feel any way about her going on a date but I do.

Even though I hurt her 3 years ago I can't help but hate the fact that she is interested in another man or the fact that another man is interested in what's mine.

Come on Lorenzo you know you lost her after what you did.

I will forever regret that choice, but I will be damned if I let Nikolai get to her. Finally after one more drag of my cigarette before flicking it I then lean off my car and head into the rather large building.

Once I enter I am met with an older man behind the front desk going through some papers, I slowly make my way over to him which grabs his attention away from the papers.

"Hello sir, how can I help you?" The man gave me a genuine smile as he looked at me.

"I'm here to see Brielle Konners." The man looked at me with some suspicion in his eyes before slowly nodding his head.

"Third floor apartment 19." I thank him before I head over to the elevator. Once I enter the elevator and hit the third floor button I let out a shaky breath. I shouldn't be this nervous but I am and it is fucking irritating. I am just here to get my son so I can get to know him and let him know that I am his father.

Once I heard the elevator ding which indicated that I have reached Brielle's floor, I bring myself back together and exit. I walked down the hall until I found apartment 19. I look at the door for a few seconds before I knock.

After a few seconds she answers the door, and all I could think when I saw her was that she looked extremely gorgeous in the sweater dress she had on. Her hair was down, now that she had cut it short her hair didn't flow down her shoulders like it used to, but it didn't make her any less gorgeous.

"Hey." She greeted me with a smile her voice coming out more like a whisper.

"Hi." She slowly moves over to the side letting me enter her apartment. Once I enter I then lock eyes with a short brunette that was standing behind Brielle.

"Hello." I greeted her with a short nod, her stare making me feel as if I did something wrong already.

She definitely knows about what I did to Brielle 3 years ago, she gave me the same look I have been getting from Rosa since Brielle has left.

"Is he ready?" I asked as I directed my attention back to Brielle.

"Yes he's just grabbing his shoes, and he kno..."

"Daddy!" I hear Leon shout cutting Brielle off. My eyes then widened at the realization of what he had just called me.

How did he know?