Chapter 79

Brielle's POV

One year later...

Today is Leon's 4th birthday and we are all getting the house ready for his party. This past year has been perfect everything is safe and calm and there is no one out to get me or Lorenzo and it just feels... Peaceful.

Me and Lorenzo are happy and we are still so deeply in love. There have been times where I had thought we might not make it, but here we are a year later still together and stronger than ever. Lorenzo had even opened up to me about a lot of things that I had never known before.

He told me the story about Nikolai's family and why he and his father had did what they did and it was because Nikolai's parents had killed his older brother who I had no idea about I had always thought it was just him and Rosa for the longest time and Nikolai's parents also killed Lorenzo's grandparents who were Valentinos parents.

I was afraid to hear the story because I thought the reason behind what Lorenzo and his father had done was going to be different from what I had heard I was worried that he was going to tell me that they did it for power, but once I heard his story it broke my heart.

His older brother Valerio seemed to mean a lot to him and I then realized why Lorenzo has always been so closed off. He told me that no one talked about his brother because it was too painful for his parents and Rosa didn't remember Valerio because she was only 2 when he died. I felt awful because Lorenzo had been holding this pain inside and handling it all by himself.

I had sat down and listened to all the stories he had to tell me about him and his brother when they were younger and reckless. It seemed that Isabella definitely had her hands full with the two. 

He even showed me a picture of Valerio. While Lorenzo had some features of his father he mostly had Isabella's looks while Valerio on the other hand was a carbon copy of Valentino. It brought a smile to my face because I can't help but think that Leon is going to be a full on copy of his father.

"You look absolutely stunning Amore mio." I look at the mirror that I was currently using to look at my outfit to see Lorenzo staring at me with hunger in his eyes.

(My love)

"You don't look too bad yourself

"You don't look too bad yourself." He was wearing a black suit that matched my black dress which made me smile because it was his idea to match. He then makes his way to me and stands behind me while wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I can't believe he is four now, I feel like I just gave birth to him yesterday." Lorenzo turns me around to face him and looks down at me and smiles.

"He is growing up and there really isn't anything we can do to stop it baby." I nod my head and gave him a quick kiss before tracing my finger around his new tattoo that he had gotten 3 months ago on the right side of his neck in small black cursive letters.