Chapter 34

Brielle's POV

I am currently in Lorenzo's office at the base because Rosa woke up asking where Greyson was and I told her I didn't know so she called him and now I'm in here by myself while Rosa is with Greyson and Lorenzo doing whatever they do.

I am trying my hardest not to get up right now and find out where they are at so I can at least be involved in something mafia related for once. I get when I first got here I really didn't want anything to do with the mafia but I think I can handle it now.

I mean I just want to be involved I hate being treated like a child that needs to be look after every second of the day.

I am pulled out of my thoughts by one of Lorenzo's men walking into the office.

"Mrs. De Luca I was told by Don to take you home." He said causing my eyes to widen in confusion.

"What about Rosa?" I mean she was the one who brought me here and now Lorenzo wants me to go back to the house?

"She is in the cell rooms with Don she will be fine."

The cell rooms?

I think I remember where that is, but now all I have to do is get pass this man and down to the rooms.

"Ok but can I use the bathroom first?" The man looked at me with a look of hesitation on his face.

"Ok, I will wait downstairs for you." He's says while he opens the door for me.

I make my way down to the bathroom and go inside for a minute before looking back out to see if the man left and just in my luck he was gone.

I then make my way downstairs avoiding the guard Lorenzo had come get me and make my way to the door that lead to the cell rooms.

I then made my way down trying my best to make sure no one was near so that I could get in without getting caught.

As soon as I enter the cell rooms I am a little lost because everything looks pretty similar. But I was lucky because I heard some talking coming from down the hall, so I decided to head in that direction.

Maybe not the best idea if I was in a horror movie, but i'm not this is reality.

Once I get close enough I take cover behind a wall so that I can hear whats going on.

"Now i'm trying to go easy on you but this is not helping your case at all Elijah." I hear Lorenzo say and then I hear a man groan in pain.

Wait Elijah, why does that name sound familiar?

"I'm not telling you anything." The familiar voice said.

That's why the name Elijah rung a bell, he was one of the men who attacked the mansion but him and his brother Niko got away before Romeo and Rosa could get them.

I peak my head around the corner real quick to get a look at what was happening and thank god no one could see me because Lorenzo, Greyson and Rosa all had their backs towards me.

Elijah was tied to a chair with his hands behind his back while Lorenzo was standing in front of him with Rosa on his left and Greyson on his right.

Elijah's face was swollen and he had blood all over himself.

If I was him I would tell Lorenzo whatever he wants to hear.

"Wrong choice of words, now you see that woman over there." Lorenzo said while pointing over to where Rosa was standing.

"She isn't really fond of you and your family so I'm going to let her have some fun with you." After he said that Rosa made her way over to him and Lorenzo begin walking out of the room.

Oh my god, where am I going to hide. I turn around to try and make a run for it but I am stopped by a hand grabbing my wrist.

"I thought I had Noah go up and take you home." I heard him say while spinning me around to face him, if this was any other time I would be scared but since I have gone weeks without his touch I can't help but enjoy the feeling of his hands on my wrist.

"Come on we are going home." He says while moving his grip to my hand instead of my wrist and begins leading me back upstairs, he stops by the front entrance where we are met with a frantic looking Noah.

"Boss i'm so sorry she told me she was going to the restroom." He says while walking up to us.

"It's fine Noah, but for the future don't tell her where I am." Lorenzo says causing me to roll my eyes as we walk outside.

"Seriously what if I'm worried?" I asked trying my best puppy eyes causing Lorenzo to chuckle.

"Nice try now get in." He says while opening the car door for me and I get in with a roll of my eyes.

I can't stand this man sometimes.

...

We arrived at the house after half an hour, I really didn't know the base was this far from the new house. We get out of the car and made our way into the house.

I make my way to the living room suspecting Lorenzo to head up to his office but instead he follows me out to the livingroom.

"Why do you always have to go against everything I say?" He asked clearly upset with what happened back at the base.

"Why do you always feel the need to control me?" I snap back causing him to look at me with a glare on his face.

I know I'm making him mad right now but he deserves it for ignoring me for the past 3 weeks and I'm done falling for his fake gentlemen acts, all it ever does for me is leave me expecting more from him only for him to let me down.

"I don't try to control you."

"Really? Then what do you call always having guards around me when, and barely allowing me to go out."

"I call it keeping you safe, because other mafias do know that your my wife and they will take any chance they can to take you." He says raising his voice a little which lets me know that he is about to go off.

There's a part of me that wants him to go off not for entertainment, but for him to give me just a little bit of his emotions so I can at least understand a little bit where he's coming from.

"You have no idea who my enemies are Brielle." He speaks again while taking a seat on the couch across from where I'm sitting.

"Your right, I don't know and that's because you make sure I have no part in whats going on and if you ask me I think I should know considering it's my life that could be in danger."

He looks at me before standing up and walking over to me so that he was now standing in front of me while I was still sitting on the couch so I had to lift my head up so I could actually see him.

"Come with me." He says while putting his hand out for me to grab.

"Why would I do that?" I asked causing him to roll his eyes and he then wraps his hands around my waist lifting me up over his shoulder and walks us out of the livingroom.

"Put me down Lorenzo!" I shout at him while punching him on his back multiple times hoping that he would listen.

"You are going to learn to listen to me whether you like it or not." He says while landing a smack to my ass causing my eyes to widen and a whimper to leave my mouth.

...

Thank you for reading this chapter:)

Insta: Itzmehailey_wattpad

Published: August 4th, 2022

See you next chapter:)