Chapter 37: Sorrows Sorrows, Prayers

Start bij het begin

I mean we kissed, and he said he liked me, but what happens now? Not that I've had any experience in the romance department to be making such an assumption but isn't he suppose to be asking me to be his girlfriend or like...do I just marry him now?

"Trouble in paradise?" Gabe chimed in with a smirk as he washed a bowl from the cabinet and grabbed a spoon.

"No!" I answered a little too quickly for my reassurance, "I mean if there even is a paradise,"

"Oh?"

I grumbled under my breath for being this vulnerable of that hot-headed jerk, "He hasn't spoken to me since we had dinner yesterday," I squished my cheek against my open palm and stirred my soggy charms aimlessly in the bowl.

Gabe smirked knowingly as he grabbed the packet of lucky charms from beside me while I was sulking, "Is that why I saw him come- hey gimme the charms back!"

"No, they're my charms!" I protested, snatching them back. They were the only thing that this place stocks that I have the luxury of eating!

"I can only eat cereal with my right arm being out of commission!" He pointed out, referring to his cast and sling.

I opened my mouth to retort when I realized there was no food aside from my charms and there was no way in hell I was letting him cook with an injury.

Especially since it's my fault he's even injured.

I sighed, pouring cereal into his clean bowl and adding the milk in after. Scrunching my face up at what I was about to do, I scooped a spoonful of charms before holding it in front of his face.

"What?" Gabe questioned confusedly, staring at the spoon of milk hovering in front of him.

"Eat it,"

He laughed loudly, a look of pure seriousness etched on his face, "I'd rather die," he replied bluntly.

I scowled at him, dropping the spoon back into the bowl, "I'll never do this again so just eat it!" I urged, pushing the spoonful again.

Gabe rolled his eyes at me and shook his head in rejection, "I'm not a kid, I can eat by myself, give it here-" he reached with his sling and I snatched the bowl back.

He didn't show it but I could see the slight flinch then he moved.

I wasn't taking no for an answer because the guilt was already consuming me alive. I couldn't even sleep at night knowing he had taken a bullet for me!

"Just eat it,"

"No-"

"Please,"

Gave stared at me in defeat before he sighed, "Fine," He rolled his eyes and opened his mouth, taking the cereal from the spoon before straightening up again.

"Good right?" I mused with a stupid grin on my face as Gabe rolled his eyes again for the umpteenth time. Giving him an evil little chuckle at my accomplishment to get these guys to do anything, I scooped around the bowl for a marshmallow. Once I had one in the spoon, I tucked it into my mouth and smiled happily at the taste.

Suddenly Gabe choked on his mouthful and quickly stood up. His eyes averted in every direction but at my own as he started feverishly sweating. "What-" I began confused at his nervous outbreak before he quickly met eyes with me.

"I'll get my bowl," He told me squeamishly before almost running to the kitchen to get a new bowl. I furrowed my eyebrows in concern before sniffing the bowl of fresh cereal I had in my grasp.