Chapter 20: Trenches

They needed The Doctor.

L.D Curtain smiled creepily at the rappers. "Sit back down, boys. Relax. You'll all be upgraded soon."

"I'm not sitting down." B. Wells said with a grimace.

"Neither am I." DaVan added.

"Restrain them." Mr. Reinhart commanded.

The metal men began to walk towards the kids, but DaVan used his sonic powers to electrify the robots, knocking them to the ground.

Reinhart chuckled. "There's more of them than you think."

"Run!" Brandon shouted, throwing the door open with his Aero spell.

The two got out of there quickly, Evan lighting a way out of the building.

Mrs. Chipman and company tried to run after them, but the boys were fast.

They exited the office, racing through the hallway back to their room.

"Guys!" Evan shouted. "Let's go!"

"Why? What's going on?" Joseph asked, launching into worry.

"It's Reinhart. He's got an army of robots coming after us! Let's go!" Brandon yelled at them, everyone grabbing what little they had and running out the door.

The kids started through the halls, the other kids confused and bewildered, seeing the team busting through each door.

And then Brandon remembered something. "Jesse. We gotta get him!"

"They'll all come eventually." Evan reassured. "We don't have time for this, c'mon!"

"But what if they don't! They could be turned into Cybermen!"

"What?!" DBro exclaimed.

"Yes!" DaVan replied. "And that's why we gotta get out of here and warn the police."

"What if Reinhart has informants in the police?" Trey pointed out.

"No time to find out. Mr. Benedict and the kids are probably waiting for us right now. Come ON!"

DaVan was in lightning mode, literally. He grabbed B. Wells and rushed off with his friends to the exit.

But wouldn't you know it, Jackson and Jillson were there, standing right in front of the door.

"Oh, come on! You?"

"We can't let you leave." Jillson stated simplistically.

"You're due to be upgraded." Jackson added nonchalantly.

"Do you even know what that means?" Brandon inquired.

"Yes. We will be upgraded to something greater. The Cybermen exceed us in superiority."

"Reinhart's got them in his spell." Joseph chimed in.

"Dr. Curtain? Oh, he's showed us happiness. True happiness under his leadership. And now we will all leave his for a greater one."

"Shut up with your creepy bullcrap!" DBro snapped. "A ton of kids are trapped here with no way to get out! Now release them or I'mma make you!"

The henchmen laughed in an unsettling manner. "Boys, please relax." Jackson started. "Everything is going to be-"

"Ok, I've had enough. STOP!"

B. Wells held out his hands and froze them in time with his Stop spell. "Evan, you're right. I can hear their footsteps coming. Let's get out of here."