Chapter 1: GO!

And after that night, nothing would ever be the same for them again.

It was another Wednesday night at youth group, and DaVan had just finished his first draft for GO!, The first song on It Is Well With The Van. The intro song, you might say. To kick things off.

The Bible study time had ended, and B. Wells was excited to hear DaVan's verse. He clicked on the link to the track in Google Drive and listened.

Caught him at the red light, had to leave him dead, right
Shoot him in his head, right
We don't aim for legs, right
Ride around your hood like my name is Little Red Ride
Out of soda, I've been pouring up in red wine

Well, the vocal mixing could have been better, it was a little distorted. But the verse was still amazing.

There wasn't much time left, though, as B. Wells was being taken home by The Caballeros, Aaron's family, because his mom was still at the church playing music with his band teacher, Mrs. Mance.

But before he left, he had to speak to the one person he hadn't seen all week.

Christopher Casagrande had been a bit busy, but how come he never had any time to talk, even over text? There was something weird going on with him, and B. Wells couldn't figure it out. Was it really the wind? Or was it something else?

Ever since Brandon had witnessed Chris toss Robert Ribis against the wall like a plaything, he couldn't get that moment off of his mind. That type of stuff wasn't physically possible.

He couldn't be seeing things. Was he secretly on drugs? Did he accidentally eat one of DaVan's gummies or something and he didn't remember?

No, he would remember something like that. And plus, he didn't like having his mind messed up. It would damage him big time, like that acid did to Moby.

Nevertheless, B. Wells walked up to Chris.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Hey." Chris replied back.

"I wanted to ask you something, but you were never available."

"Yeah, I've been busy. My family's trying to build a new house and stuff, so..."

Sure, they were.

"What do you need?"

"What was that back there? Last week, with Robert."

Chris seemed to tighten a bit, maybe a bit nervously.

"C'mon, bruv. You can tell me. I'm your friend. I'm not a snitch. You heard Get Banged, you know what happens to those."

Chris sighed. "I don't know, man. You wouldn't understand."

B. Wells put a hand on his shoulder. "Bro. It's ok. I saw. So did Levi. We'll protect your secret. Trust me."

Keegan came up to his brother. "Mom's here, we gotta go."

Chris looked B. Wells in the eyes for a second. "I'll tell you soon. Promise."

He walked away, and Brandon sighed. Was he ever going to find out?

Aaron, Tyler and Jordan came up to him.