Chapter 8: Midnight

"Where the heck have you been?!"

B. Wells stared at his parents. "Umm..... Out?"

"You drove away after pulling in! And Evan was with you!"

"We were going to pick up his water bottle!"

Margaret glared at her son. "Then why didn't you?"

He gave her a look that said it all. "You know why."

Allan and Margaret exchanged nervous looks.

"So is there an explanation to why Mr. Reinhart chased us down the road tonight?! He was trying to tailgate us!"

"What?" Allan asked, concerned.

"Yeah, we almost crashed!"

Margaret narrowed her eyes. "Are you lying?"

"No! Why would I?"

Allan sighed. "Let's check the backup camera."

Woah. B. Wells completely forgot that was an option. They'd said it hadn't recorded anything, but secretly, it recorded everything. Just like Tommy Wiseau did in The Room, saying, "I show them. I will record everything."

Well, anyway, Allan went out to the car and took off the monitor. He plugged it into the computer and pulled up the footage.

"Yeah, he did go after him.... Oh. Wow. I didn't...... But why?"

"What did he say to you?"

B. Wells' mom looked at him. "He... Told us that you were misbehaving greatly, and that you punched him."

Brandon's jaw dropped. "What?! I told you exactly what happened! Why would he say something like that? Y'know what? It's probably just to make me look bad. He wants me expelled."

"Actually, that's exactly what he wants." Allan replied. "He recommended that we discipline you a lot more than usual and that we move you to a different school."

"He's lying! You saw yourselves, he was chasing after us! And if all my other teachers are saying that I'm a great student, why is he not?"

Margaret sighed. "Is Evan safe?"

"Yeah, he's at home."

Brandon didn't mention what else happened that night. And luckily, his dad didn't look at the rest of the camera footage.

"Go to your room. And go to bed. We're not moving, but you will have your computer taken away for this whole week. And if you don't behave in chorus, it'll be gone for longer."

"But that's not fair! He lied about the whole thing!"

"The fact that he came to our house is saying something. Go to your room."

"Wha-"

"Go!" Allan yelled.

Well, this was a problem. Now he couldn't record.... At his house. He still had his phone (somehow) and he had ways of teleportation from Terra, and transportation from Tommy.

He just hoped the events of that night wouldn't impact the next day.

Would they?
___________________________________________

Gordon set his mattress on the floor near DaVan's bed.

"Do you think Brandon's ok?"

DaVan sighed. "He can get through anything. He's B. Wells. And if all of this has to do with Mr. Reinhart, he's got a lot coming for him."

"Why does that guy chase him anyway?"

"They've had a lot of beef over the last couple years. And now with his new magic, Mr. Reinhart's pretty mad, and I guess he's after both of us. What about you?"