Chapter 3: Angel and a Devil

He had to talk about what had happened earlier that day.

Earlier that day

"Hey, Terra! Come here! Brandon's gotta ask you something!"

Terra walked up to the room and popped his head in. "What's up?"

"Really, Ventus?" B. Wells sighed. "Alright.... Terra... I'm tryna learn magic. Y'know, how to control it like you and Ven do."

"Like a quick tutorial." The blond boy finished.

Terra raised one eyebrow. "You told him about the magic?"

"I already knew. Chris Casegrande revealed it to protect another kid from Robert."

"And you wanna learn?"

"Uhhhmmm..."

"He does." Ven finished quickly, grinning.

"Really?" He asked, skeptically.

"Yeah." Brandon said suddenly confident. "Why not? Everybody else knows how to use this stuff, I wanna do it too."

The young adult smiled. "Ok. But you have to remember to keep this a secret. Got it?" He looked at B. seriously, who nodded in the same way.

"Alright, let's start with fire."
_____________________________________________

"Well, so much for keeping it a secret."

"Yeah, you think?"

DaVan paced around the basement, frustrated. "You knew your friends had magic this whole time, and you didn't tell me!"

"I wasn't allowed to tell you." B. Wells argued.

"Bullcrap, B. Wells! You tell me basically everything! You haven't kept a single unreleased track from me! I see all of them!"

"Well, yeah..."

Evan stopped and took a breath for a second to calm down. "You have magic... and you haven't taught me yet."

B. Wells looked up, surprised. "Wait, what?"

"Me, DaVan, the person who actually wants it... doesn't get it."

"Hold up, are you still mad at me?"

"Yes, I'm still mad! But it's not because you have magic... it's because you have it! And not me! I wanna know how to throw fat people against the wall! I wanna learn how to accidentally burn a carpetball table! It's amazing!"

"I mean..."

"I'm a volunteer firefighter! If I had what you have, I could stop fires faster than anyone on the planet!"

"Well, not-"

"I could use the wind to fly all the way to Brazil to meet Doug!"

"I don't think that's how it wo-"

"I could stop the forest fires in California! I cou-"

"Bruv!! Shut up for a second!"

DaVan finally stopped ranting and looked over at B. Wells, who was clearly done with all of this.

"I get it. You want it. But I've just started training. I think you need to talk to Ven tonight."

"But he said to keep it a secret!"

"And we will. But right now, we can't focus on that. We got a music video to film."

He got back up onto the carpetball table. "Let's take it from the top."
_____________________________________________