Chapter 7: Code

And these boys had to be ready to face it.

"That's not a gaming PC, that's a laptop!"

B. Wells and DBro were talking over Instagram as Brandon got ready for the Chili Bowl. DaVan was still asleep because his alarm cancelled out apparently.

And DBro wasn't in a great place either. He'd been yelled at by his girlfriend Skye's (Yes, the one who defended Tyler Wood for the corn thing) for watching Food Wars.

"What's the show about?"

"Whenever the people eat, they take their clothes off."

"Ok, no wonder why they don't want you to be around the kids." He said, laughing.

"But they don't show anything! There's no boobs or d***s, it's fine!"

"But they're still taking off their clothes! It's inappropriate, D!"

"They won't let me watch anime either!"

"Does the anime have nudity?"

"Well, I mean-"

"Exactly. Now let me go wake up DaVan. We only have about 15 minutes."

DaVan opened his eyes and gasped. (Like Josh) "What? It's 7:30?"

"Yeah. You gotta get up, bruv."

"Agh, I think my alarm cancelled itself."

"Well, that sucks, but we gotta go soon."

"Yep, I'm getting up."

DaVan groggily got up and looked at his phone. "Yeah, I should've woken up earlier. Lemme go get ready."

They were going to record some more tracks after they got up, but since DaVan slept in, they hadn't had any time. But oh well.

After he was ready, DaVan grabbed a donut to go and hopped in the car with B. Wells.

"Oh no, not Yung Penguin. This is horrible."

B. Wells laughed, as that guy was a funny penguin. And when they skipped to a Travis Scott song, they got really hyped driving to the church.

They listened to some clipping too, and when they pulled up into the parking lot, they were a little conflicted about getting out of the car.

"Should we get out?"

"I don't know, maybe."

"Oh look, the twins are getting out."

"Yeah, let's go."

So the rappers got out and walked into the church, heading upstairs to see the rest of the group.

There was so many people there. About 30, which was way more than any of the other churches competing in the game. It was much less hype than a Seahawks game.

But that didn't matter because DaVan had his speaker with him. And there were gonna film an amazing music video for one of the biggest vibes on the album.

Code.

It was Gordon Cormier's favorite song so far, and even though they'd gotten off on the wrong foot, what with Gordon being 12 and B. Wells being 17, they were still somewhat tighter than bark on a tree.

Kyle asked if they were playing in the football game, and they of course said no. They weren't into that. They were into performing and making fire tracks.

DaVan and B. Wells were talking about what they were gonna do during the chili bowl, when they heard a gasp come into the room.

It was Josh.