Chapter 13: Don't Want Your Love

They had to confront their parents.

B. Wells pulled up to the X-Mansion to meet up with DaVan. He needed to talk about this in person.

DaVan stood outside with Professor Xavier, who was already looking pretty adamant in his statement.

"Brandon Wells, it's good to see you again."

"Yeah, you too." The rapper greeted.

"Now that you're here, I'm assuming Evan has told you everything?"

Brandon nodded. "This Emergency ting is crazy, innit?"

"You know that's not why you're here." Charles said seriously.

The boy looked down. "So that's really it? I gotta go home, and my parents will automatically love me again?"

"It won't be easy." Xavier reminded. "You will have to give a good explanation as to why you have been gone. And that's where I come in."

"Xavier's gonna speak through Cerebro into our minds to tell us what to say."

"Oh shoot, really?" B. Wells piped up, excited.

"Yeah, it'll be a little hard at first, but we can get the hang of it. He'll help us give some good excuses that don't reveal, y'know... Superpowers and stuff."

"So, you're gonna speak into our minds?"

"Yes, telepathically. But while I will tell you what you should say, I would advise you speak your mind with your parents. Right now, with The Emergency, they need someone to support them. You can do this. Trust me."

B. Wells sighed. "You're sure about this?"

Xavier nodded. "Of course I am."

Terra stepped towards them from outside the school. "You guys ready?"

"I am." DaVan replied. He turned to his friend. "You?"

Brandon stood there for a second, contemplating the past few days, until finally, he smiled. "Yeah. I'm ready."

"Alright. Evan, let's get you back home. See you, Brandon."

Xavier watched as Terra teleported DaVan back to his house. He turned to B. Wells and smiled. "It's alright, Brandon. You can do this. And remember, if you ever need somewhere to take refuge, our door is open."

B. Wells nodded. "Thanks, Professor. I'm sure I'll come back soon."

The rapper got back into and turned up his volume to listen to the recent song from him and his good bro DaVan. It was time to face his family.

Baby, I will be fine by myself
Sometimes our love is not enough
So we take the pills and make the pain go away
Yeah we need to numb the pain
I have been running from your love since day one
I don't need you okay
So i try to run away
But you come back
Now we are in a death race
I wish I didn't meet you that day
You a demon that's rotting my brain
You know what Juice said
"All Girls Are The Same"
Now you are rotting my brain
Girl, I ain't playing with your mind games
Its time to let me be
Yeah its time to let me be forget about me

Brandon pulled into the driveway for the first time in quite a while. It was actually a little surreal for him.

He could already tell he was in for it when he opened the garage door. Allan looked up from his Harley Davidson and his jaw practically dropped to the floor.