Prologue

I got so many stacks to count, don't even know where to start
All these girls are breaking me apart
All they do is break my heart

Shooters was the first song DaVan and B. Wells had made together since they stopped working on their projects for their 2 Hats 1 Hoodie group, since BDog hadn't put in the work. They'd decided to start making their own music, and frequently collab together, because obviously BDog had dipped out at this point.

Brandon Wells and Evan Haggett were their real names, but they preferred to go by their stage names, B. Wells and DaVan.

A lot of people had mistaken the name DaVan to be pronounced "Da-Vahn" (except for Doug) and that could get a little tiring. After all, B. Wells was the one who had thought up that name. It was his idea.

And what an amazing idea it was.

They had known each other for a while now, as they'd met once as little kids in a youth group activity that partnered with another church.

But since then, they hadn't seen each other until a few years later at a youth rally when Clayton Witt and BDog brought them back together.

After that, they were inseperable. They wanted to make rap music together, and that's exactly what they did.

It had been only a little while since their debut albums, It Is Well and Cloud 9 had dropped, and needless to say, DaVan had a lot more streams on distrokid than B. Wells.

But there was only one reason for that. He'd released a previously unreleased Juice WRLD song with his own spin on it, called Set Me Free. It was a hit for many people, starting up the famous catchphrase,"DBro back in the streets", because DBro, or DeAngelo Blount had featured on the first version of the song. B. Wells was on the remix.

And that brings us to the current time in the story. 2021.

A couple months back, they'd had an idea to release a collaborative album together called "It Is Well With The Van". It was clear that this album was going to be the one.

DaVan had created a B. Van folder on Google Drive, and it started. They had one single in the folder. Angel and a Devil.

They were calling each other over Discord with Joseph Colabufo, their friend and hype man. Or as they liked to call him, The T Shirt.

"I'm gonna get Young Ferb on this one."

"Now that's gonna be fire."

B. Wells had just finished recording his verse on the track and was uploading it to the folder.

"Oh, by the way, I gave you some beats you might like. Maybe we can use one for the album."

"If it's gonna be 20 tracks, we'll need all the beats we can get. Lemme look through them."

B looked through the folder and found a 6ix9ine type beat by Fantom called "YAYA". He listened to it and instantly loved it.

"This slaps! I'll try to write something soon. I gotta go to youth group, guys. I'll talk to you later."

"Hey, Brandon! No-no square!" Joseph called out.