Chapter 12: Ride For My Bruddas

"Nah... No way."

"Yung Penguin quit?"

"Yeah, he put out this Sneak Diss a couple hours ago, and now he's got this video. Read the description."

DaVan looked at the screen, reading the horrifying and saddening words.

"What happened?" Aqua asked, coming into the room.

"Yung Penguin's quitting!" B. Wells exclaimed.

"What?!" Ven piped up, hearing the commotion. "Why?"

"Exactly! He's been doing so good!"

"Well, apparently his parents didn't want him making 'vulgar music' so he made this 9 minute diss track to get us to not like him so he would have a reason to quit."

"That's ridiculous!" Ventus protested.

"I know! And the diss wasn't even offensive, it's just a really funny song."

I sent you like 4 beats, and you never rapped on them
Cause you only like Juice WRLD
And he isn't even good

"I don't agree with that at all." Evan said seriously. "Juice WRLD's my favorite along with NLE Choppa."

"Yeah, we know." Duncan Quagmire said next to Ven. "But why is he dissing Joyce TRC? And Doug? That's kinda crazy."

"But it wasn't real. He just wanted to quit, I guess."

"Well, that sucks."

"Yeah, well, good thing I downloaded all of his songs before he deletes them."

Ven's jaw dropped. "HE'S DELETING HIS MUSIC??!!"

"Yup. He's gone."

"But we don't even know his real name! And there's no way to contact him!"

"Exactly. He doesn't want to be found."

The boy hung his head. "Yung Penguin's goneeeeee."

B. Wells put his hand on Ven's shoulder. "Hey, cheer up. It's not like he's dead. Maybe one day he'll change his mind. We can only hope."

Aqua sighed. "Alright, it's getting late. I'll go off to bed. Ven, be in your room before midnight, you got school tomorrow."

Brandon perked up. "Oh, yeah. I almost forgot about that. You think we're ready to go back to school? It would kinda be suspicious if we didn't."

"Are you sure it's safe?" Duncan asked.

"Well, since it's been at least a day, you might be ok. Try it out tomorrow, and if there's any problems, call me."

"Alright, bet. Terra can teleport me over tomorrow, right?"

Aqua nodded. "We'll make sure of it."

B. Wells looked up at the girl. "Hey, Aqua?"

She turned to the rapper. "Yes?"

"Thanks for taking care of us. We're lucky to have you guys house us for the time being."

Aqua smiled. "It's no problem, Brandon. Honestly, we're used to crazy situations, and this isn't any different than the times we've had in the past. You're always welcome to stay here whenever you need."

And with that, the two boys headed off to bed, Evan with Duncan and B. Wells with Ven.

DaVan sat down on his mattress next to Duncan's, and sighed. "It's been a hard couple of days, y'know what I'm saying?"