Heart of the Phoenix

...

...

...

"Heads up!"

"Got it!" Y/N caught an ice ball that Frosta had hit over a net. They would manage to get it back over as Adora readied herself to receive it next, on the same side as the Ranger.

Glimmer was on Frosta's side, hopping up and landing a swift and hard hit to spike it down.

Y/N missed and it hit the grass, just at their feet.

...

"Aw, dang it!"

"Don't worry! We'll get the next one," Adora assured them as the Ranger nabbed the ice ball.

She had her sleeves rolled up, her red jacket off. Y/N was wearing a white tank top but keeping their boots and beige trousers.

...

...

Catra sat in the grass, making commentary as Melog purred with content, resting in her lap.

"I can't believe fire is losing to ice Ranger Butterfingers," Catra smirked.

"HEY! THIS IS HARDER THAN IT LOOKS!" Y/N snapped back, Adora diving to the ground to receive the ball.

"Don't kid yourself!" She replied.

...

...

All of them knew it was in good fun and she was only pushing buttons.

Perfuma stood with Netossa, looking on as the four of them played around in the grassy area, the sun just about to hit the horizon as it set.

"It's amazing," Netossa had an almost surprised look on her face.

"What is?" Perfuma turned.

...

"Just..." she looked at Y/N, who hit the ice ball over and then cheered happily, earning a point for theirs and Adora's side.

"It's amazing how much has changed with them."

"They seem happier."

"It's different from back then."

...

"Yes. I think so, too," Perfuma mentioned.

There was a slight pause before she continued again, but a little more nervous in asking Netossa a question.

"Do you think... they'll ever truly forgive us? I mean, I know we said we were sorry, but..."

"That's up to Y/N. It's their choice if they want to forgive. They're well within their own right if they don't want to," Netossa said, arms crossed, but being thoughtful about the situation.

...

...

Perfuma nodded in agreement.

"Timeout!" Glimmer told Adora and Y/N, waving her arms about in a stopping sort of motion.

The duo seemed to relax as Glimmer and Frosta tried to talk to each other and come up with strategies for the game.

So, since they had that spare time to catch their breath, Y/N stood, stretching their arms as Adora did the same.

...

"Whoo! Having fun yet?" Adora questioned, smug as she rested her arm on the Ranger's shoulder.

They felt the warmth build up in their face, replying with a nod.