Light Hope

...

...

Adora shouted as she fell down the chasm.

Several playbacks of her own memories were visible as she descended with great speed.

She could hear the disembodied voices of her friends.

...

"Hello, Adora..."

"Adora..."

...

She heard Glimmer and Bow's giggles.

...

"Every hero needs a sidekick... right?"

...

...

"For the Honor of Grayskull!"

Adora frantically looked around, each voice flooding her head.

...

"I just need a little more time!"

...

"Come with us...?"

...

...

Adora screamed again as she shut her eyes tight.

...

But when she opened them, she grew shocked, yelping at the sight of new scenery.

It was a room, brightly shining different shades of blue and purple.

After a tense moment of silence, Light Hope chimed.

Hello, Adora.

...

Adora shrieked in surprise by the response.

You've come at last.

...

"Light Hope... I can't believe I'm really seeing you. I mean, I've seen you," Adora nervously chuckled, rambling on, "...in my brain, I think. But this is real!"

"Is this real? Wait, am I dead? I fell..."

There was a long pause, Adora and Light Hops staring at one another.

...

"I'm sorry, I'm freaking out," The blonde cleared her throat, "I'm Adora."

...

Yes, I know. I have been waiting for you since you were an infant, but I could not reach you. And I could not protect you from the Horde. I watched you grow up from afar.

Adora had a small spark in her gaze before backing up a little, "Wow, that's--that's kind of creepy, honestly."

Creepy? Yes. I have been called this before. I chose this form so as not to alarm you, but if it does not suit you, I will choose another.

...

Adora gasped as Light Hope disappeared, suddenly reappearing as a child beside her.

Is this better?

Adora yelped as she jumped back, seeing Light Hope in that childish form.

...

Adora cringed, "Oh, no. That's--that's, um, that's actually way worse..."

Forgive me. My human protocol is many years out of date.

Her form began to glitch out though, her tone switching and fluctuating awkwardly.