Destiny

...

...

...

Y/N's eyes fluttered open, feeling the warmth coming from the sun. It shined down on them as well as the grassy field and trees.

The weight on their lap was now gone.

...

When they moved around, they noticed that the phoenix had disappeared.

"Solaris?" They whispered, sounding saddened. They were alone again.

...

...

Y/N could only sigh as they stood up, not even bothering to pick up their bag.

They yawned, their body shivering slightly.

...

I lost track of time. It has to have been weeks, maybe longer...

Their stomach rumbled a little, and the Ranger patted it, sighing. Thankfully the woods had a lot to offer in terms of food sources, so it wasn't too much of a problem.

They settled on a berry bush that was a small pace away, picking out a few handfuls and quietly munching on a few as they sat in the grass. Once again, they delved back into thought. Out here in the Whispering Woods, that's all they could really do, apart from just scrounging around.

...

...

I haven't been able to use my power all that well since that night...

They grasped at their chest, remorseful.

I can't bring myself to...

Not after what I did to her.

...

...

They couldn't get that image out of their head; Adora's terrified expression as she sat on the ground, unable to do anything as they snapped at her and Bow, their anger finally showing.

"I'm an idiot."

They sighed, finding a different place to rest, leaving the bag behind. At this point, it was out of their mind.

...

...

...

"It doesn't even matter what happens to me anymore..."

...

"Doesn't it?"

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

"I wake up to the sounds, of the silence, that allows..."

...

...

...

"For my mind to run around, with my ear up to the ground..."

...

...

"I'm searching to behold, the stories that I've told..."

...

...