No Sanctuary

[TW: MENTIONS OF EXTREME PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ABUSE!]

...

...

...

Their back fell against the bark of a tree, sitting down in the grass.

Two puffs of breath left their mouth, visible, noticing it was getting a little chilly outside. Knowing how their runestone was affected by it, they tried to tuck their legs in to conserve heat.

...

"I wonder how they're doing."

Y/N didn't have any answers. After all, they just left Brightmoon. What could they possibly know at this point in time?

In this time, at least a few days to maybe a week have passed. Some days, they could hear Adora calling their name, hoping they would respond.

But they couldn't forget how Adora cried out their name one last time.

The way her voice cracked midway, trying to clutch onto a hope that it could reach Y/N.

...

The Ranger knew better. This was the only choice they had.

I'm not welcome there.

I never was.

...

...

The fact that... Glimmer...

Y/N wiped away a forming tear with their hand.

...

They felt so alone; so ashamed. After everything they've done for the Rebellion, and for their friends, they just... left.

Brightmoon wasn't their home. Not anymore.

The people of Etheria made that clear to me on day one that I was never going to be anything more than just a suspected Horde soldier.

A liar, a fake; whatever they want to call me. I don't care.

...

It stung so much. But it could never could sting as much as the scars did.

The scars...

...

...

I remember what it was like, how the first ones hurt so much.

The Ranger clenched at their side, squeezing at their suit as they hugged their body.

After that, they hurt less and less.

Then it stopped hurting altogether.

...

...

...

...

...

Besides... that's how it started.

...

...

12 Years Ago —

...

...

I remember what happened when I broke the glass. I knew what was coming. What I didn't know...