22

JIMIN POV

Ash stared up at me as I paced back and forth in front of her.

I stopped long enough to glance in her direction, then continued the pacing again.

My mind had been running all over the place from the night before.

Jungkook had ignored all my calls and now I was left to give the third degree to an eighteen-year-old.

I was sure she just wanted to bolt and go home to see if her electricity had been restored.

"Ash." I started, sliding into the spot next to her on the couch.

She nodded but barely looked at me. "I'm sorry to have to keep you here but this is important."

"I tried all night to get Jungkook to answer me, I'm worried about him. I hope you can at least understand how panicked I am."

"I can't lose them."

"I understand." she began, looking up slightly to match my gaze but then shrugged.

"I don't know what else I can
tell you, though."

I groaned. "But you know where the children are, right?"

"Yes, they're at their aunt's house." she said.

"That much I know."

He frowned. "Aunt? Which aunt?"

She shrugged. "Hazel, somebody or other." She groaned and covered her face.

"This is really all my fault."

"I called her but had no idea
that she would go bonkers."

"She's threatening to take the kids from him, She said he was intoxicated last night."

"Intoxicated? I think I saw him have one maybe two beers but when he left, he wasn't drunk."

"Not even close."

She shrugged. "That's what she said, She said that he couldn't handle the children."

"She was practically yelling at him but he held his own, giving it right back but yeah it wan't good She said a lot of things but honestly I did my best to ignore it But I know that she wants the kids and I think she said some thing about taking him to court."

"Do you know her last name?" I asked.

"I don't remember, It's listed on the refrigerator door."

"That's where I got her number for an emergency."

"I know that it said I could call her but frankly I really think I should not have brought her into this. If she takes the kids away from him and you."

"That would be awful."

"Don't even worry about that." I reached out and touched her arm.

I would make damned sure that she never had the opportunity to get the kids from him.

Over my dead body anyway.

She looked up at me. "Will you be okay if I go home now?"

"I really don't think I can help you any more than what I've already told you."

I nodded. "Yes absolutely, Don't forget your frozen foods, unless you want to see if the electricity is back on before taking them home. If you need to come back and stay here, just let me know."

"You're welcome to stay as long as you need."

"Thanks." she mumbled, then got up from the couch and left the living room.