17

JUNGKOOK POV

The kids sat on the floor playing with their toys as we relaxed after another crazy day.

I had just looked up to see Theo crashing a car into Aera's tower of blocks, knocking them down.

"Hey, Don do dhat!" Aera yelled.

She looked over to me, her eyes wide in horror. "Did eww see dhat, Unca kook?"

I snickered. "Theo, move the car away from your sister's blocks, please." I looked over to Jimin to find him chuckling at them.

"I know what you're thinking."

"He's only eighteen months old and probably has no idea what's happening But at least I can show Aera I tried." I whispered.

"A father's job is never done."he took a sip of his coffee and I grinned.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I looked back to the kids and they had resumed playing happily, forgetting that Aera was on the verge of tears only seconds ago.

I took a sip of my coffee and smiled. This was my life.

Jimin, the kids and I had spent the evening in, enjoying life as what felt like our family.

When I glanced over to Jimin, he watched the kids, just as if he was their own father.

It made me hopeful that my mate would be satisfied being a parent to Theo and Aera.

"So, how were the interviews?" Jimin asked, breaking into my thoughts. "You finished them up today, right?"

And who wouldn't be happy to have a mate that actually listened to them when they talked.

I thought maybe all mates found reasons to ignore what the other was saying, This was a sweet change in my eyes.

I took a sip of my coffee and nodded.

"Yeah, I finally found someone."

"She happened to be the last one that I interviewed." I laughed.

"But considering all the applicant I have to say that I'm just happy to have one out of the bunch."

"She'll start Monday and is super enthusiastic about being hired."

"I pretty much hired her on the spot."

He grinned. "When you know, you know." He winked, causing me to blush and I looked away from him and over to the kids.

That phrase seemed to be something he said a lot.

I got the feeling he meant more by that than just my predicament interviewing bakers for the store.

"I'm glad to hear it worked out though, Tell me about her."

"Well she's twenty-three, fresh out of culinary school with a minor in baking and the most perfect candidate if I've ever seen one."

I stopped talking when Jimin stared down at his phone.

He typed something, then pocketed it.

"Sorry, go on." He looked up and focused his attention back on me.

"Something wrong?" I asked, taking another sip of my coffee.

"Nothings wrong, Tae just texted to see if I wanted to come out to the club tonight."

"I told him I was busy, so carry on."

I frowned. "If you want to go, don't stay home on my account."

"The kids and I will be fine."