12

JIMIN POV

Why couldn't anything go right?

It seemed like everywhere I turned, something else happened causing another fire that I had to put out.

It was exhausting and I was ready to be home and just crash.

Although maybe not immediately for the latter because Jungkook was here and I really wouldn't mind a repeat of dinner.

I parked in the driveway and stared up at the house.

Home sweet home!

I realized all my problems would not be left at the door when I entered the condo.

The first clue was the frantic, high-pitched yelp from Jungkook emanating from my living room.

"Get down from there, Do you want to end up in the hospital?"

Peeking around the corner I was not prepared for what I saw, the living room had been completely destroyed.

Toys were scattered around the room as if there had been a toy party? was that even a thing?

If it was I certainly hadn't been invited to it.

My eyes were wide with disbelief.

I inched back from the noise so Jungkook wouldn't notice me as he extracted Aera from the stairway banister.

After he corraled her under his arm, I went back to watching the show. My poor sweet Jungkook.

"Uncle kook." she whined.

"No Don't Uncle Kook me, That's dangerous. We don't do that."

I heard the exhaustion in his voice, "I don't know how much sugar Ash plowed you with but I do know that if it happens again, I might have to find another sitter for my dynamic duo ."

"Nooo, Unca kook!" Aera yelled.

"I wike, Ash."

"Ash!" Theo screeched.

Jungkook whipped around to look at Theo as if the kidlet had scared him.

"Noooooo!" Jungkook yelled, charging over to Theo before he could launch the remote control into my big-screen television.

"What did I tell you about throwing things in the house?"

"No." Theo said. "no,no,no Teo!"

"Yes, that's right. I said no."

"Now, we need to get these things cleaned up before Jimin gets home. Do you have any idea what he'll say or do if he."

Jungkook shuddered, his body shaking with a tremor. "I don't even want to think about it."

"So be good little children and help me figure out where every thing goes, It all goes into its own spot so let's get to it."

As Jungkook started to clean up the mess, I heard the exasperation in his voice.

"Theo, Aera you guys, come on."

"Work with me here." I felt so bad for him.

He looked completely exhausted and hanging by a thread.

Retreating from the toy massacre I slipped away from my hiding place to go to the kitchen.

If the living room was trashed, I could only imagine how the kitchen must look.

I stopped in mid-stride to survey the disaster area known as my kitchen, tilting my head to take it all in.

I brought my hand to my head as I stared at the mess that was strewed all over the floor, table, counters and walls.