16

JIMIN POV

As I strolled through Jungkook's remodel, somehow it was easy for me to envision myself living in this house with him.

That fact should scare me but for some reason it didn't.

I imagined us having breakfast in the new nook that had been added to the kitchen.

Or maybe a family night in the tv room with Jungkook tucked into my side and the kids laying down on the floor in front of us.

I could also see my brothers visiting us, I would be at the grill cooking for everyone.

Kai would be playing with Theo and Aera in the garden while Joon told me how I was doing it wrong and my mate sat chatting with my parents.

I'd never thought any of that was the life I wanted but as I built this house for my mate, it was all I could imagine.

And maybe it was just wishful thinking but the faint aroma of his scent wafted over me like his warmth had been physically imprinted on the house.

I couldn't wait to see him tonight.

As I wandered around, his scent continued to get stronger.

I closed my eyes and let it wrap around me.

When I opened them, I saw Jungkook standing only a few feet away.

He ran to me, throwing his arms around my neck.

We kissed passionately before I picked him up and I twirled him around the room.

I opened my eyes when I heard a knock on my office door.

Kai stood there with a big smile across his face. "I caught you sleeping on the job."

"My brother? Never thought that would happen." He came in and sat down across from me.

I shook my head and looked down at the plans in front of me.

"I wasn't sleeping." More like fantasizing.

"I was working. See?"

I held up the plans of Jungkook's remodel, then dropped the papers to my desk.

"Not that I needed to prove that to you Or did I?" I rolled my eyes and looked down at the plans.

It was hard to imagine not being able to spend the rest of my life living in the home, as well.

Now that I had gotten attached to my mate, the possibilities were endless.

Those were things that I couldn't help but think about.

It was exciting to think about leaving my condo and moving to the newly remodeled home.

As long as Jungkook and the kids agreed, of course.

"And there you go, getting lost in your thoughts. Where'd you go?"

I looked up and snickered. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

I winked at him and got up from my desk, Perhaps moving away from the plans would tear my thoughts away from Jungkook.

But not likely.

I stared out my window, feeling Kai's eyes on me.

"Not really." Kai said.

I turned around and stared at him and he laughed. "Got ya."

He grabbed the plans that I had been searching relentlessly over and shook his head.

"This is some amazing work."

"Does he know how lucky he is to have you on this project?"

"I would say we've both lucked out." I replied, moving back to the table.

"And surprisingly I would say that some if not most of this, has to be thanks to you."

"I didn't do anything." Kai said, chuckling.

He tossed the papers down onto the desk and looked up to me, a sneaky smile on his lips.

Kai knew exactly what I meant but if he needed a refresher, I was happy to provide him that.

"Oh yeah? You don't think the silly wish you made had nothing to do with this?"

"I mean, if you wouldn't have pushed me to come up with another way to house Jungkook, then it's not likely Jungkook and I would have gotten closer."

"So for that, I owe it to you."

Kai smiled. "What about the kids? Are they a handful?"

I quickly shook my head. "Truth is, I'm getting attached to them, too." That was one hell of an understatement.

"Who knew I would thrive as a father, right?"

"So you, my brother get major props. I can't thank you enough."

Kai grinned and stood up from his chair. "Well, I'm happy to have helped and if you need anything else, you know where to find me." He winked and left my office. I turned and stared out the window again.

I surely did know where to find him but for now, I would just rejoice in the fact that I had Jungkook, Aera and Theo.

It wasn't something I'd ever imagined for myself but I would not change them for anything.

___________________________________