7

JUNGKOOK POV

I probably should have put up more of a fight about staying at his house but my wolf and I couldn't put the decision on the beast alone wanted to stay with him.

Even though he clearly doesn't want you here?

I tried not to think about that possibility.

Or maybe Jimin didn't know that we were mates.

I couldn't tell what he was but I knew he wasn't a shifter.

So, possibly he wasn't aware.

But that thought didn't fly becos his brothers seemed to know.

I'd heard them tease him about it.

Not that he'd said anything to confirm or deny it.

It felt like he didn't say much, unless it had to do with the house.

"And this will be your room." he said, opening the door to a beautifully decorated room in light blues and white that reminded me of the seaside.

"I can share with the kids."

"I don't mind." I said. For what felt like the first time since we'd pulled up to his condo, he looked at me.

"Why would you need to share with them?"

"I have plenty of space here and they'll just be in the next room."

I nodded but didn't say anything.

I wasn't sure what to say.

"Someone will be in to take the bed away and put in two cribs."

"You don't have to do that." I said, looking at him even though I couldn't quite bring myself to look him in the eye.

There was a wealth of things to look at aside from those dark orbs that seemed almost black.

Jimin seemed like he was carved from marble.

Even his cheekbones were perfectly sculpted.

Really no one should look that good.

"The kids can sleep on the bed just fine Besides, Aera's a little too big for a crib."

"She's three, right?" he asked.

"I'll let them know to bring a toddler bed."

I wanted to tell him he didn't need to change his house that much since we wouldn't be there that long but a part of me thought maybe he was doing it because this could become permanent maybe?

If that was the case, the whole condo would need childproofing.

There were way too many things that little hands could grab and break and sharp pointy objects that gave me hives just thinking about the accidents that could occur.

Thankfully we'd brought the playpen with us, It was scary how efficiently everything I'd pointed out had been packed up.

Luckily the kids had fallen asleep in the car so they were napping in yet another spare bedroom so that the one that would be theirs could be cleared out.

This still felt like a dream.

I needed to call my best friend and apologize and thank him for this.

Whether or not Jimin, it felt weird even thinking his name—accepted we were mate's, at the very least, the house would be done.

Maybe I could find someone who could move in and in exchange for housing, I'd pay them a reduced amount to watch the kids while I worked.