Pooja looked at him shock.

"Aur nahi to kya. Mere zinda hone ke baad bhi... tum log us poison se infected ho aur main yahan aaram se, safe house mein tha. I should have been there to protect you guys." 

"Par Sir, isme apki koi galti thodi na hai." Pooja tried to explain.

"Please don't do that." Raj said.

"Kya Sir?" Pooja was now confused.

"Itne maturely baatein mat karo. Pehle jaise lado mujhse... zid karo... gussa karo ki itne din kahan tha. I feel so strange. I feel like a complete stranger. Mujhe Major ki treat karna band karo. Aur meri chhodo... tum log khud bhi itna serious... itna mature behave mat karo. Don't let the child in you die." Raj poured his heart out.

Since day one, not a single person asked him how he survived or why did he leave them like that or why he never tried to contact them in so many days. This was really unsettling. Kuchh logo ko shanti achhi lagti hai. Par humare Raj ko ye shanti chubh rahi thi. He wanted his cadets to fight, complain. In short, he wanted them to be his cadets, not Captains talking to their mentor or their senior. The bond that all 6 of them shared with him was not just of Senior-Junior, Mentor-Protégé or Faculty-Student. It was more than that. It was a family. And all these things were piercing his heart. He was wondering that whether they grew up so much, that now they have started to perceive him as their teacher or senior only and not like a family as they did before.

"Chalo, I'll take my leave." And Raj left without saying anything else. 

On his way down, he gestured Ali to take care of Pooja upstairs and make her have enough rest.

Gunny told Raj that they were bound to receive some positive news in the morning. This brought a smile on Raj's face.

When he entered the room, he found Naina sleeping like a kitten next to her brother. Raj told the news to Naveen and immediately saw his friend relax a bit.

"Abe udhar kahan jaa raha hai?" Naveen said to Raj.

"Umm... sone. Kyun kya hua?" Raj asked.

"Idhar aa." Naveen called him.

"Abe kya hai Naveen?" Raj grumbled.

"Mera kandhe mein attack wale din thodi chot lag gayi thi. Idhar aa ke yahan so. Mujhe tere bed par sone de. Naina ke sar ke neeche hath rakh dena warna uski neend khul jayegi." Naveen said and started to get up. Poor Raj stood at the end of the bed gaping like a fish.

"Muh kya dekh raha hai. Idhar aa." Raj immediately ran to support Naina's head. Naina stirred in sleep so Raj immediately supported her head and she went back to sleep.

"Saale jhuthe. Sach bata. Tere kandhe par laga ya sar par? Tu apne rehte, mujhe Naina ke sath sone de raha hai." Raj said

"Use right words. Warna kamre ke bahar fenk dunga main." Naveen said.

"Abe sone ko sona hi to bolunga. Tera dimag ulta hai to main kya karu?" Raj said. Both of the idiots were whisper-yelling at each other.

"Whatever. Sach sunna hai to sun... tu jis tarah se creepy stalker ki tarah mere bed ki taraf dekh raha hai. Main nahi so sakta aise. Isliye tu hi udhar so." Naveen grumbled annoyedly.

"Wow." Raj didn't know what to say. But he couldn't miss a chance to tease  Naveen.

"Aww... you care Naveen. Tu khush hai is rishte se." Raj whispered.

"Raj, I swear tu pitega mere hath se. So jaa yar chup-chap. And to answer your question, I am glad that she chose you warna mujhe mehnat karni padti." Naveen said.

"Naina ke liye sahi insan dhundhne ke liye?" Raj questioned.

"Nahi... jise wo chunti uski laash chhupane ke liye. No one is going near my baby girl." Naveen replied casually.

"Abe saale, tu psycho hai poora." Raj said bewildered.

"Sone do naa yar aap log. Apna bromance kal continue kar lo na." Naina said in a sleepy voice.

Raj chuckled and kiss her forehead while moving the strands away from her face. "Achha so jao. Kal baat kar lenge hum dono." 

"Main yahi... is kamre mein so raha hu Raj." Naveen said glaring at him.

"Kya yar Naveen.... sone de na humein. Don't disturb us. Chal lights off kar de." Raj whispered and laid back down as Naina snuggled closer.

"Lights to aaj raat off nahi hongi is kamre ki, samjha tu?" Naveen said and turned around to sleep.

Naina pulled the blanket to her face in irritation and Raj just chuckled as he waited for dawn to bring rays of hope.

HEYA GUYS, THIS IS THE UPDATE. LET ME KNOW ABOUT IT IN THE COMMENTS. THERE WILL BE MAJOR REVELATIONS IN THE COMING UPDATES. SO I AM LEAVING THE REVIEW TO YOU GUYS. ALSO, THANK YOU.. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL THE LOVELY WISHES AND I AM SO SORRY THAT I COULDN'T REPLY TO ALL THE WONDERFUL COMMENTS OF YOU GUYS, BUT I AM SO THANKFUL AND GRATEFUL TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.❤️