二十五

"We are setting sail now lads. Best get comfortable." The captain ordered the sails of the ship opening.

The wind caught in them quickly pulled the ship forward out of the docks. Your eyes widened at the sight. The only thing that could remind you of such an event would be clouds, large and small floating in the wind. A smile opened before the ship was in full sail forward.

A sigh escaped your lips before you took a seat on one of the crates looking over the side of the ship. Giyū distantly sitting away from you as you did so. Kensei and Kagezora napping to your side.

"3 days on this boat. How exciting!" You exclaimed turning back to Giyū who seemed disinterested by this.

Your smile faded seeing his lack of interest. You looked back out to the ocean with a frown. This was far different than how he'd usually react. Well more or less really. But still, it was not normal for him to be so distant. Especially considering he nearly fought a sailor on account for Kensei and Kagezora.

Dammit, you were stuck in your mind again.

You smacked yourself from your illusion pulling yourself to turn back around towards Giyuu. His eyes focused on the sea you stared at. A laugh escaped your lips before you smacked the back of his head sending him forward. He quickly turned back around in shock.

"Well talk to me!" You exclaimed before preparing to strike again.

He quickly appeared behind you. Pulling your arm behind you. Before pushing you into the floor of the ship.

"I do not have the honor to do so." He explained plainly as he held you down. A scoff escaped your lips as you tried to pull your arm back.

"That simply cannot be the truth. Because-" You grabbed onto his arm before rolling with him. Placing his back to the floor with you hovering above him.

"I need the honor to talk to you." You let out staring at him. His cheeks flushed as his eyes widened.

He grabbed onto your shoulder before you found yourself in his place. He sighed his eyes staring into yours. The coldness in them suddenly turned warm.

Was this what the Emperor and Retainer story talked of? You couldn't remember. Quickly you laughed it off staring back at him.

"What do you intend to with me considering this position you have me in." Giyū's cheeks turned red his grip against you loosening.

You quickly took this chance smacking your forehead into his. Shooting him backwards before you rolled to the side.

He groaned rubbing his forehead before seeing you start laughing.

You held onto your stomach as the laughter took over. Quickly you summoned your strength before pulling yourself from the floor.

"Giyuu-kun you really know how to amuse me." He stood there confused before he sighed.

You laughed placing yourself next to Giyuu. The pair of you sitting off to the side of the boat. This was indeed going to be a long trip.

After all the pair of you would remain in that position for a really long time. By the time evening came you still stayed in that position.

Your head nestled on his shoulder as the evening spilled into night. You let out small snores as Giyuu sat in wait. Concentrated on maintaining his position for you.

Within himself he didn't want to disappoint you anymore than he had before.

He believed he was the cause for Rengoku's death, being late for the boat, puttingtiy through the amount of pain of being a hashira. This swirled maliciously within his head. As if he couldn't do anything to help you. How could he being as weak as he was? How could he even label himself as a hashira? How could?

"He really cares for you, ye know." The captain quickly stated striding forward with his limp. Examining the ship as he did so.

Giyuu hummed hearing this.

"Man of many words I see." He stated taking a seat in front of Giyuu.

"Listen, that lad was willing to wait as long as needed for you. Considering how late you were that says a lot. Along with that whole mess here." He said pointing off to the entrance of the ship with his cane.

Giyuu frowned causing the man to laugh.

"It is hard to keep those you hold so dear close without hurting them. Believe me I know.. But seeing how you put him above your own self. I'd wager you'll both be off fine." He stated with a laugh pulling himself up.

"Anyways I wanted to tell you both that yer rooms are down below. But seems you're both enjoying where you are now." He walked away leaving Giyuu slightly relieved by the Captain's words.

He looked back to your sleeping face. The gentle snoring causing him to smile. With a quick movement he picked you up and carried you below deck. The beds were next to each other in the small room. He placed you on one. Making sure to tuck you in before he prepared himself to sit next to you.

Your hand caught onto his. A tremor of shock filled him as you held onto him.

"Giyuu-kun... Don't leave me alone. Stay with me." You mumbled unconsciously as you tugged at him. He smiled before he nodded.

He sat next to your bed. Your hand held in his as he closed his eyes.

 Your hand held in his as he closed his eyes

#917