三十

You looked back to the disappearing demon. A sigh caused by this battle allowed some relief for your body. The wounds across your body finally reached you. You groaned holding onto your wounds. The pressure on your lungs was heavy. Considering you were speeding your own body up along with keeping your wounds closed, breathing felt terrible.

Your legs felt limp. Across your mind you felt your body cry.

Just as you took a step forward your leg gave in. You collapsed before being caught by Giyū.

"Y/N! Y/N!" He exclaimed trying to keep you awake.

"Giyū..." Your eyes closed before you blacked up.

"Tomoe o nēchan, it's been a while." Your eyes blinked hearing the name of Tomoe.

In front of you was the figure of a man. His haori was maroon and his hair crimson. His earrings were highly familiar to Tanjiro-kun's.

You looked down finding yourself to have a feminine kimono matched with a feminine body. Your hair was pulled back into a nice bun. Two hair pins of the sun and moon holding that bun together.

"Are you ok Tomoe-chan?" The man questioned genuine concern in his eyes. You laughed it off waving slightly before you spoke.

"Sumimasen, I got lost in my thoughts. It has been a while Yoriichi-chan." She said as the two hugged each other.

The pair were at the Tsukuten estate. Your eyes witnessed the small girls of the Tsukuten family running around happily. Their mothers and aunts smiling seeing their children's happiness. The younger woman with wooden swords trained their strikes to the other side. Under the tutelage of an elder.

A smile appeared on your face seeing the estate so alive. Never before have you seen this. This would likely be the last time.

"You have many children sister.. They seem so happy." He stated following you to your manor house.

"Hai, I am always grateful for all those who make up our family." You stated continuing on the path towards your estate house.

"Mother!" Your eyes widened as a small child embraced your legs. The child must've been no older than 4 or 5.

Your eyes twinkled being called mother.

"Oy, Ichihana! I'm starting to get old, you might knock me over one day!" You exclaimed causing a shocked expression to appear on her face.

"No! Momma can't get hurt by me!" She exclaimed digging her face into your kimono. You laughed as you lifted her up to your face.

"Then momma won't get hurt!" You exclaimed as the girl laughed with you.

"Ichihana, say hello to your uncle." You stated walking over to Yoriichi.

He was taken aback seeing the small girl. The girl too was a bit nervous but tiffened up.

"Ohayō, uncle-chan!" She exclaimed bowing her head as she did so.

Yoriichi stood as if he was confused before he smiled.

"Ohayō little Tomoe." He stated bowing too.

The girl smiled which caused a giggle to escape your lips. You put Ichihana down before looking to her.

"Alright go see Aunt Momo, me and uncle will be talking." You said patting her head.

"Hai! I won't fail you mother!" She exclaimed before running off.

A smile appeared on your face before you looked back to Yoriichi. Whose smile hadn't disappeared. You held onto his shoulder.

"Come brother, I have red bean buns and tea." You offered taking his arm into yours before you began leading him off to the balcony area of your estate.

The Tsukuyama mountains lining the the view of the landscape. Yoriichi sat adjacent to you. You poured two cups of tea handing him one. He blew gently at the steaming beverage.

"So what brings you to the Tsukuten estate brother?" You questioned taking a sip of tea.

"Michikatsu has become a demon sister.." He stated bluntly his smiled fading quickly. Your eyes widened as you were taken aback. Nearly pouring your tea all over yourself.

You placed your cup down.

"I'd imagine he would.. Leaving his family so easily for power." You stated looking to Yoriichi who reflected the disappointment in his eyes.

You sighed looking off in the distance. Yoriichi staying silent before you laughed. You rose from your seat walking through the sliding door entrance. Quickly digging through your room taking your shamisen back out with you.

You returned to your seat pulling the shamisen up to your side. Your hand at its neck, you struck each string with the bachi pick. Tuning it for the coming song.

"When I married into this family, I was told I had to master both the koto and shamisen as its new family head. Naturally being who I was I had to agree." You stated the shamisen now tuned.

"Care to hear my song?" You questioned getting a nod from Yoriichi.

You began to pick the strings as you played. The sound ringing throughout the estate. The song slow at first reverbed. At the first sound from the first string rang you met it with another string. This continued briefly before you cried out signaling the start of the true sound.

Quickly the melody picked up where the melody rang like a melancholic rain. There was slight joyful undertone as your bachi met the string. Yoriichi turned over hearing the talent of your playing.

You cried again before the sound began shifting from the melancholic tone but switching to a more joyful sound.

Like a long night came to a joyful dawn.

You cried again before the sound picked up. Moving faster as the sound raced with your playing. The day was in full movement in the song. The sun shining bright as the moon was long gone. The night finished before you cried once more.

The melody met somewhere in the middle slowing down. The night returning but still bright. The stars above burning as the nights sunlight.

With that the melody came to a slow end. You allowed your breath to release upon its end.

Yoriichi smiled seeing you in your element.

You sighed in content finishing the song. Before you looked up to your brother.

The feeling of a birds feet tapping against your forehead caused your eyes to open. You pulled your head up looking down to the sleeping raccoon dog who laid on top of you.

"Kensei? Kagezora?" You questioned as the bird looked down to your awakened eyes. He exploded in chirping as Kensei looked up and barked in excitement.

Quickly jumping on you, licking your face.

"Kensei! You're crushing me!" You exclaimed as you lifted your arms up pushing Kensei off.

"Y/N?" Giyū's voice cut through the noise as you propped up in excitement.

"Giyū!"

#1116