二十六

The ship came to a sudden halt.

Your nose pinched the scent of demon was strong. Your body kicked into gear as you jumped from your bed. Quickly your eyes darted around trying to find your shirasaya. They caught onto the sleeping figure of Giyuu his sword kept near him.

Quickly you hopped over towards him. Gently nudging him as his eyes opened.

"A demon." He muttered as you nodded.

"I left my nichirin blade above.." You explained looking around for an object to use.

"I should be enough for this." He replied getting to his feet.

"I want to make sure we don't end up in a mess." You whispered before seeing a a few metal rods leaned against the wall of the ship. Quickly you took them into your haori and kimono. You looked back around finding a larger metal rod. You took it with one hand.

"Suppose this'll do.." You stated turning around finding Giyū had disappeared.

"Dammit!" Quickly you ran up the stairs finding Giyuu had already been fighting against the demons.

This was confusing even Muzan couldn't control demons outside of Japan. Their smell was different too. Quickly you took the metal rod firing yourself forward aiding Giyū in his fight.

The demons were in their appearance highly similar to one's you've seen back home.

However they were off.

"Star Breathing Third Dance: Constellation Waltz" You released your breath pulling the rod close to you.

Quickly you leaped forward quickly using the rod to behead the demons that now faced you. The screamed in pain as their heads fell off. You turned back around seeing that they stayed beheaded.

Your head spun around as a demon suddenly appeared behind you. A quiet scream escaped your lips as your blocked his attack. Shooting you backwards landing into the mast of the ship. The demon cackled as its eyes rolled into place revealing Chinese characters that you could hardly make up.

"Chinese demons?" You muttered before he jumped forward claws first as you dodged his attacks.

He yelled at you unintelligibly causing even more confusion.

How the hell did this demon evade your senses. You could practically always tell when a demon was about to attack you. Somehow this one was different.

"Star Breathing Seventh Dance: Harvest of Autumn" With speed at your feet you jumped into the air.

The rod caught onto the demons chest quickly splitting him in two a screech escaping his lips.

"Eighth Dance: Crashing Comet!" Your weapon grew heavier as you came down beheading the demon as you did so.

You landed on the wooden deck with a click of your clogs. As more demons jumped from the sea jumping off to attack you.

"Improvised Dance: Bursting Star Cloud!" From the sleeves of your haori you spun around yourself. Pulling the metal rods in your sleeves out. Rapidly firing at the rods piercing each demon through the neck. These rods emulating Star debris burning through their necks as they hit.

They screeched in pain falling off the ship disappearing into nothingness. You groaned taking a breath looking to Giyū who stared in amazement.

If a weapon is merely an extension of one's body. Then that could mean a weapon can be anything from the body and its surroundings. To behead a demon is the Demon Slayer's goal. Through their nichirin blade it follows.

Considering any weapon can be of anything since it is connected to the body. A blade capable of killing a demon can do so.

Just as a a single bamboo strand can be as deadly as a katana.

A rock can be as sharp as a katana.

And a water droplet can pierce an object as a katana.

So too can any object kill a demon. That is what the family Tsukuten call the "Moon's False Reflection."

The memory of you teaching yourself weaved it's way back into memory. Although keeping up this technique was always hard to maintain. Especially considering that you were pouring your entire being into this technique.

Quickly you brought out the metal rod seeing that demons ceased their attack.

"Giyū find the ship's crew. I can take care of everything here."

"They're fine." His remark stabbed you at his coldness.

The ship began to rock bringing your attention to the sea. Your eyes catching onto the pattern the sea had now shifted from its original pattern.

"There's something underneath the ship.." From the corner of your eye you seen a black tentacle jump out from the sea.

"Giyū!" You yelled seeing the tentacle fire towards Giyū.

His eyes widened as he quickly summoned his blade catching the tentacle before being attacked. Another set of tentacles pulled out from the sea.

You pulled the remaining metal rods from your sleeves. Firing them from your sleeves cutting into the tentacles. They squirmed in pain pulling back into the sea.

Taking this opportunity you flung yourself backwards. Taking your nichirin blade into your hand. Shirasaya in hand you pulled it from its sheath.

Holding it in front of you the sound of the sea wretched as the tentacles pulled out from the sea.

Your eyes traced each tentacle as you prepared your blade. Giyū standing behind you preparing himself too.

"Is this a blood demon art?" He questioned looking to you.

"I believe so, but it's different.." You explained seeing the tentacles begin to attack the pair of you.

"Water Breathing Third Dance: Flowing Dance."

"Star Breathing Ninth Dance: Shimmering Reflection"

The pair of you in tandem attacked the the tentacles. Together you both were in unison moving in tandem with one another. You caught Giyū's eyes. His admiration for you blossoming seeing the beauty of your Dance like movements.

"Star Breathing Fifth Form: Spinning Nova!"

"Water Breathing Eleventh Form: Null." The attacks coming towards the pair of you came to a sudden halt.

Your eyes came to see Giyū's technique stop all the attacks that came for you both. Your eyes sparkled seeing his technique.

"Kakkoii!"

#1000