十九

"I now call this Hashira meeting to order." Oykata-sama commanded with a gentle tone to his voice.

Everyone gathered and sat in the rather small room. You sat between Gyomei and Giyū. You sat with formality similar to that of a woman. Indeed your very appearance echoed a woman. You smiled when Oykata spoke. Everyone faced the gracious face of Oykata-sama.

"Now then. As you all should know. There are few lower moons remaining. Tanjiro-kun himself dealt with one of them. I suspect die to this loss Ubuyashiki will likely come to realize the decline in power of his lower moons." He stated with the same smile before it faded for a brief second.

"Although Tanjiro-kun should be honored with becoming a Hashira. I fear we haven't got the time. We must now focus our efforts on the rest of the 12 Kizuki." He said again until a scoff came from Tengin.

Oykata-sama smiled upon hearing this.

"Tengin?"

"Well Oykata-sama these new demon slayers can't even hold a candle go those back in the old days." He said scratching his face with a smirk.

"I must agree, it was an absolute massacre back there on Mt. Natagumo. The caliber of demon slayers have dropped severely. You'd think that the trainers would take notice of their uselessness." Sanemi remarked to which everyone nodded gently.

"Well that kid from before seemed competent enough. He did make that flamboyant hit against you Shinazugawa-san." Tengin stated with a smirk that made Shanemi look away.

"The increasing human population makes it harder and harder to control and unify them." Shinobu chimed in.

"Not only that but the considerably changes in this era." She continued.

"Other than those whose loved ones brutally massacred by demons who joined the corps, or those distinguished few who have faced demons for generations. To ask that of others would be exceedingly cruel." Gyomei spoked with tears streaming down his eyes.

"Still though! That boy meeting a 12 Kizuki so soon after joining the corps. He may just have the power to draw them out. Not ever we get the chance to see a 12 Kizuki. I'm a bit envious of this!" Rengoku spike in his bright tone.

You smiled hearing each one speaking when eyes fell upon you suddenly. You took in a gulp and smiled.

"For now we must rely on those whose powers are equal to the remaining 12 Kizuki. We haven't a need for another Mt. Natagumo incident." You stated looking away with a slight frown in your smile.

"Agreed, the fact that the 5 Lower Kizuki would make such a drastic move proves that Muzan is nowhere near Mt. Natagumo. He always finds a clever way to throw us off of his trail. It really is frustrating. Now however demons are out there gaining strength and licing longer.However I believe strongly that right here in front of me. I have assembled the greatest unit of corps. Hashira even back during the first line of Breathing swordsmen of the Sengoku Jidai." He said with the familiar smile.

"Uzui Tengin, Rengoku Kyojuro, Kocho Shinobu, Kanroji Mitsuri, Tokito Muichiro, Himejima Gyomei, Shinazugawa Sanemi, Iguro Obanai, Tomioka Giyū, Tsukuten Y/N. My children I look forward to your success. . ." He said with the gracious smile only Buddha could wear.

"With that said this meeting is dismissed." Everyone bowed their heads towards the lord of the estate.

Everyone got up from their place and left one by one. Which left you to exit last. You walked out with the clicking of your clogs. You pushed your shirasaya back into your hakama.

Thank gods Oykata-sama was so kind to give everyone a room. Walking back to your estate would've been absolute hell. You continued walking with a small smile. Tomorrow you would likely be sent off to hunt a twelve Kizuki. You walked up the stairs and into your temporary room.

With a huff you took a seat down onto the futon cushion below. You pulled your shirasaya out and placed it next to yourself. You leaned against the wall and let out a sigh.

So much was happening in such a short period.

Usually you dealt with the small time demons. Only a few times were the Twelve Kizuki and actual threat. But now for the slightest of seconds you felt a rush of fear.

You shook it off and walked over to slip into the futon.

You dozed off and slipped slowly into slumber.

"For now Y/N-kun I need you and Rengoku to deal with a certain matter on a train." Oykata-sama spoke gently as he brought his tea cup up to his lips.

You sat just in front of him before you nodded.

"Very well then. But what is going on with the rest of the Hashira?"

"For now I've organized it so that every Hashira will face a 12 Kizuki."

"Sir?"

"I know that there is a certain moon that you're paying attention to. I know you've gone through the archives the corps collected. Folktales and legends. But I need you for a much greater task."

"Oykata-sama?"

"Muzan Kibutsuji cannot be defeated by anyone of our Hashira. You are likely one of the only one who is able to put up a fight against him."

"Sir.."

"Y/N you know it's true. But I think I was able to find the information you needed." Oykata-sama spoke gently turning to his side to open a box by his side.

From the small wooden box he pulled out a piece of parchment paper. He placed it in your grasp to which you opened it instantly. Your eyes ran over the figures and symbols. Your face dropped and you felt something beginning to fester.

"Moon Breathing..." You uttered out before you gripped on tightly to the paper.

"I believe this demon is the one your mother spoke of. From my resources I've discovered he works directly under Muzan-"

"That's all I need sir. Just give me the chance to bring revenge for my family.." You stated looking down as you contained your anger.

"Of course. But remember Y/N he will not be easy to find. I suggest you aid where you can with your Hashira. Only until Muzan is on his last legs will he fight back."

"Very well Oykata-sama. I will do my absolute best." You got up and prepared your sword.

"To bring down that beast.."

#1082

#1082