二十四

"Ship to set off at 15!" A sailor cried as he prepared his ship.

You sat on top of Kensei in wait. Kagezora too sat on your shoulder. Concern was filling your body seeing that Giyuu was nowhere in sight. You looked down at the two tickets in your hand. Disappointment filling you as you looked back up to the boat in front of you.

"Even Giyuu wouldn't disobey Oykata-sama's orders..." You whispered to yourself answered by a chirp from Kagezora.

"I know.. He's never late." You whispered to yourself before a groan escaped your lips.

"You getting on son?" Your eyes were pulled to the captain of the ship who stood elegantly in his sailor coat.

"Yes, I was waiting for my friend but it looks like he isn't coming." He nodded before he continued on.

A groan escaped your lips before you pulled yourself off of Kensei. You pulled your pack off his back before walking forward. Your two pets followed you as you walked towards the ship.

The ship was just as you expected.

Held together by rope and hope.

It was wooden with some metal decals and additions around it. It was anchored down by a chain to its side. And it's mast and sail had not been. The ship was dainty and looked well enough to get you across the sea towards China.

If only Giyuu was here to see it. He'd judge the capability of this ship. Likely not allowing you to get on at all. And-

You felt your cheeks warm as the embarrassment started to reach your head. With a smack of your cheeks you pulled yourself of the illusion. You guided kensei over the plank of wood between the deck and the ship.

He took not two steps before a sailor stepped forward blocking you from continuing.

"Do we have a problem sir?" You questioned idlely staring at the man.

"We don't allow animals on the ship. Might go crazy with the rocking." He explained taking a step forward.

"They've been through worst sir. They'll be fine."

"Sorry that's just how this ship goes. Now go on ge-!" He again explained as he prepared his hand to chase off Kensei. Your eyes widened in shock as Giyu pulled back the man's hand. Preventing him from shooing off Kensei.

"They will be fine." He commanded stopping the man as he pulled his hand back.

"Who the hell are you!?" He screamed as he prepared his fists to attack. Giyu stood there in silence preparing to counter if it came to it.

"Quiet aye? Well I'll show you!" The man exclaimed throwing his fist forward.

"Woah! Woah! No need to cause tension the first few minutes we're together!" You yelled putting your hands on both their chests. Keeping them away from one another.

"Especially for such a long trip too!" You quickly tried to diffuse the situation.

"Aye! He's right!" The three of you turned your heads towards the captain.

He pulled his hat up revealing his bushy brow. His right eye was covered by a patch held on by a string wrapped around his head. His right eye had a scar on it running from his forehead down his cheek. His remaining left eye was a deep brown. A brown so neat you found yourself getting lost in his gaze. His hair was combed back neatly falling behind his head. Being black but graying around the sides. He had a beauty mark on his left cheek. With a few wrinkles running across his face. Although he gave off the energy of an old soul. He was still rather young.

"We'd best get sailing. Those Chinese seas be in worst shape then ever" He ordered walking forward with his limp.

The younger sailor scoffed walking off from you and Giyu. The older sailor stopped in front of Giyu. Staring at him for a brief second before he chuckled.

"So yer the one we've been waitin' for." He explained before turning away.

"We set sail in 10 minutes" He exclaimed walking off.

You laughed awkwardly letting a puff of air escape your mouth. After you turned to Giyu punching his arm. He winced slightly being pushed by the force of your fist. Catching himself with his foot.

"Where the hell where you!? I was just about ready to ditch you!" You exclaimed crossing your arms looking at him.

"I'm sorry.. I was grabbing something last minute." He explained staring at you with a blank look. You stated back at him. Investigating the blackness of his eyes. Although yes his expression was more blank than your last name a few years back. You saw a slight glimmer within his eyes.

"Dammit..." A sigh escaped your lips before you looked away with a pout.

Giyū stood there in confusion causing his already blank look to become more blank. Seeing this caused a tremble of laughter to quake through your body. You lifted your hand up to your lips to hold it down.

He stood there in confusion listening to the silence of your laughter.

You groaned from your sudden fit before looking back him.

"Quite splendid you are..."

#863

#863