四十

"Hesitation is defeat. For if you allow your enemy to breathe, you have already lost."

The words echoed in your head. You held your sword directly underneath you. A blindfold kept your vision impaired.

With your senses heightened, every sound, scent, and vibration became aware to you. The slightest movement of a grass blade was known to you. However, this was different. It went all deaf to your ears. All you could hear were two heartbeats. One was your own, and the other.

Appeared behind you in a sudden burst of movement. Parvati swung her curved blade downward. With a hop, you narrowly avoided the attack. However, her attack sent a gust of wind so powerful that it sent you flying backward.

You landed back on your feet before preparing yourself again.

Quickly, you rolled away, avoiding another of Parvati's strikes.

Strike after strike, she sent you constantly about. Like a dance, she moved rhythmically, always following a step after you. It was truly frustrating, as you couldn't even allow yourself to get a single strike in.

You pulled your head back. Narrowly avoiding a strike of her blade. Cutting the tiniest of hairs from your bangs. Acrobatically, you cartwheeled backward. Landing on your knee away from her.

1, 2, 3.

1, 2, 3.

You jumped away again, avoiding another attack.

Your ears focused on not just Parvati's heartbeat. But now you focused on her steps. A rhythmic movement that played in your mind like a dance. If you landed here, then she would also.

She quickly struck you down with her foot. Keeping you in place on the ground.

"Damn!" You exclaimed, pulling the blindfold from your face.

Parvati laughed, pulling her foot away from your chest. She gracefully stood on one foot as she looked down at you. You pulled your upper body up to sit down on the ground. Misako sat at the side shocked, seeing such intense and quick fighting.

Parvati smiled as she watched you rise back to your feet. Misako quickly ran to your side with a frown.

"You almost had it Y/N-domo." She stated with a huff.

"It seems that you keep losing yourself here." Parvati stated, pointing the handle of her blade towards your head.

"I know, I know, it's just all so fast." You explained, which caused her to laugh.

"Child, please, if you knew you would have learned from your mistakes." Parvati replied, quickly twisting her blades around her.

"The Art of Shura is a fast-paced elegant art. One where one must learn how to dance the rhythm of the universe." She explained, beginning to stretch her lifted leg out.

"Chaotic yet graceful. Organized yet discord. Hesitation is defeat." She explained, throwing her daggers into the air. All 4 landing on the ground around you.

You huffed, looking to the 4 blades that surrounded you.

Afterward, birds flew from the nearby clearing. This drew your attention from the blades to where Giyū was also training. Misako and Parvati looked over surprised, too.

"It seems that your friend is getting it." Parvati stated with an off-hand bit of surprise.

You groaned, wiping your forehead of sweat. It had been a while since you last dressed in a hakama. Most often times you'd train in your woman's kimono. However, this allowed more movement to your legs.

Your muscular body ached as the sun beams ran across your body. It was terribly uncomfortable to go shirtless. But here you were now.

Parvati smiled before turning away from you.

"Maybe we should take a little break. I must check if my children are preparing the right food for our lunch. Girl, if you could help me." She stated, drawing Misako's attention to her.

"H-hai!" She exclaimed, quickly taking her place by Parvati's side.

The two women bowed their head before they left.

You nodded the two off before walking towards Giyū's direction. The gentle fluttering of Kagezora's wings found Kagezora on your shoulder. He chirped towards you in glee.

"Oh, he really did learn it, aye?" You questioned. Kagezora nodded, which caused you to laugh.

"He is more talented than me, huh?" You questioned before coming across the clearing.

Giyū, magnificently stood in sweat. His muscular body glistened in the sunlight as he had just toppled over a clone of Parvati. You felt yourself turn red seeing Giyū in such a revealing position.

His harsh breathing echoed through the wooded area. It was likely a result of the rigorous training he just took on.

Kensei laid in the shade watching, lazily.

"You really are impressive Giyū-kun." You chimed, walking towards Giyū.

"You took on all the training like nothing!" You exclaimed, coming close up to Giyū. Keeping close eye contact with him.

Giyū turned red as he swiftly examined your exposed upper body. He looked away as if shamefully.

"T-thank you." He muttered, trying his best to avoid your gaze.

You nodded before laughing.

"And here I'm having terrible trouble with my training." You stated, sitting yourself on the ground.

"It's kind of frustrating." You stated, pouting ever so slightly.

Giyū, seeing this, took a seat beside you.

A silence fell between the pair of you as Giyū looked to the grass underneath the two of you. You smiled seeing this before you rubbed the right side of your hand. It was a sudden sensation that ran through you. Never before had you seen Giyū so adorable before. It startled you.

The feelings were mutual as Giyū too rubbed his hands together. As if he was trying to figure out how he should continue his next move.

"Maybe it's because you doubt yourself." Giyū stated, looking to Y/N.

"That if you aren't strong enough, you'd fail to protect those closest to you. But that's just wrong. Really, you're the strongest hashira here." He continued.

"And that's what I love most about you." Your eyes widened.

You looked to Giyū in shock. The male stared at you intensly. His gaze comforting you as the word "love" was used.

Giyū instinctively moved forward. Toppling you over as his lips met yours. It was so sudden that you hadn't even seen him move.

Finally, Giyū made the first move. His lips melded perfectly to yours. It was true passion and love. Something you never thought Giyū would do. Alas, he finally did it. He finally kissed you.

 He finally kissed you

#1068