Chapter 29: Is there even a point anymore?

Omg finally a chapter without Angst 🤩
Sike. No placeholder chapter.
NO CONTEXT THOUGH
filled with random moments cuz we need to take a break from the Angst and drama

"I Said I was sorry!" Jack yelled slightly. "I don't forgive you." Hide spoke jokingly and calmly. "Fine! Whatever! I'm leaving!" Jack exclaimed. "NO WAIT! Please stay!" Hide shouted, laughing a little. Jack stopped in his tracks. ''I swear to god.' Jack thought. "What is going on?" Rush whispered to Halt.

"I don't know." Halt replied. "Uh.. Okay?" Jack spoke, going back towards the closet. And suddenly, he was pulled in. "What the--" Jack started, trying to get out of Hide's grasp. He tried pushing against Hide to move away, but it didn't work. "Hide let me out!" He ordered, starting to panic. "Stop. Moving. And. Let. Me. Hug. You." Hide growled out in frustration.

Jack froze for a second. "What? I can't hug my first friend?" Hide asked as he rolled his eyes. "Just stop struggling." He added after. "No. No I will not. Now, let me out of here." He repeated. "No. You have to accept my hugs."

Jack huffed. "Fine."

The others were just watching and hearing what was going on.

Was this supposed to be wholesome?

When Jack tried to squirm out of Hide's hold again, Hide tightened his grip causing Jack to grunt slightly and groan in pain. "Okay Hide I think that's enough-" Hide tightened his grip even more. "Stop-" His grip tightened even more. Jack coughed. "Hide- You're crushing me-" Hide released his grip after realizing. "Sorry." He apologized sheepishly.

Jack just nodded before exiting the closet and leaving. Halt heard crunching from beside him. He looked over to see Rush and Screech eating popcorn loudly. "Seriously?" He asked with an irritated sigh.

"What?" They both said in sync. "If we weren't friends, you guys would be dead by now." Halt spoke. "But we already a-" "YOU THINK OF ME AS A FRIEND?!" Screech asked, interrupting Rush, yelling slightly and smiling wider than he ever has. "You guys are such idiots." Halt said as he sighed exasperatedly. "Anyway, I should probably head back." He then exited the room.

They watched him leave, disappointed. "Don't think I didn't notice you by the way." Hide spoke, startling them a bit. They glanced over at him. "Huh?" Screech blinked. "Hm?" Rush mumbled, his mouth full of popcorn. "Nevermind." With that, Hide vanished, leaving them both alone once more.

"Do You want to play tag?" Screech asked eagerly. Rush nodded. They played tag until they collapsed from exhaustion. Screech had a massive smile plastered on his face. "That was fun." He declared. Rush nodded in agreement with a yawn.

He leaned against the wall. "Hey." Rush spoke. "Yeah?" Screech asked. "Let's play again tomorrow." Rush suggested. "I'd love to! But for now, bye." "Bye." Screech then left. Rush was alone again. Since there was nothing to really do anymore, he got up, went to his bedroom and just listened to music. Soon enough he fell asleep, peacefully.

He was woken up by screaming coming from another part of the house. He quickly got out of his room and ran through the hallways. As he approached the last hallway, he could see a few figures running around. "AHHHH!!!" one screamed. "Hey! What's going on here?!" he called out, trying to get everyone's attention.

All the people stopped their movement and turned to look at him, fear written all over their faces. "THERE'S A FIRE!!" Ambush shouted "WHERE?!" Rush replied, panicked. "IN THE LIBRARY!! IT'S GETTING CLOSER BY THE MINUTE!! WHAT SHOULD WE DO?!" "UH- UH-" "Wait Never mind that's not fire. Sorry."

"Are You kidding me? I ran down here for nothing?" He sighed heavily and closed his eyes before opening them again. There wasn't even a fire. Eventually everyone calmed down and decided to talk. They talked so loudly that they didn't even realize that a few people just came into the room.

People they clearly didn't know. "What the heck are those things..." He heard one say. Everyone stopped talking and turned around, looking at the two people.

"Who are you?" Rush demanded as he stared at them suspiciously. "Where are they?" Figure asked, confused. "Just Go foward." Jack told him.

Figure slowly walked over towards them before lunging at one of them, ripping their head off. The other person was shocked and frozen. Seek just went towards them and snapped their neck. "Anyways," Seek Said, going back towards them.

They seemed shocked. Well, except for Figure. Rush sighed. "You know what... I already give up searching for the killers. Does it even matter anymore? We're all slowly turning into ones ourselves." "Uh, YES. I WANT TO GET REVENGE ON THE PERSON WHO KILLED ME." Jack yelled, a bit annoyed. "And how will you do that?"

"Well! I will... I... Uh-" "I'll just get them for you." Rush stated, interrupting him. "Oh. Thanks." Jack mumbled, looking at him in gratitude.

"Yeah, But we should clean this up first." Rush said, gesturing towards the two dead bodies.