5: Something suspicious..

After half an hour, the sun finally set, signifying it was dark already. Screech was excited since he couldn't wait to meet Spirit. "Psst, Spirit, Spirit, Spirit!" Screech whispered to the empty air hoping that he would hear her and come to him. After ten more minutes, Screech heard a quiet rustling in the air. His eyes widened.

Suddenly a small ball of blue light landed in front of him. "Hello, Screech." It spoke. Its voice sounded very calm, yet soft, very gentle. "Oh and, you have to only call me once during this time." Spirit explained. "Okay..." Screech spoke. Spirit then held out her hand, indicating him that he should take it. Once he grabbed it, he felt himself being pulled upwards by Spirit's power. Soon, he found himself floating high above the ground. "W-Wait, Spirit! I'm not allowed to get out of the hotel!" Screech yelled, panicked. "There's no problem, I can make it so nobody finds you and then you won't have to be caught." Spirit replied calmly. Screech then nodded as he continued floating up with Spirit. They soon reached a hill, so he sat down on it. He then watched Spirit slowly fly over his head and then land on his shoulder. She laid there comfortably while looking up at him and smiling. Then Screech began talking, "Woah.. This place is beautiful!"

"It really is... It's quite a nice view from here." Spirit agreed. They started at the stars for a few minutes before screech spoke, "So... How old are you?" "Hm.. Around 18 maybe?" "Oh, I'm 14" "Cool." "What do you do in your free time?" "Hmm.. I mostly watch over people to make sure they're doing okay. How about you?" "Oh, I mostly draw and..." Screech trailed off. "It's okay, you don't have to tell me." "Okay, thanks." They talked for hours before Spirit realized that the sun was beginning to rise. She grabbed Screech's hand and brung him back to his room. "It was nice talking to you, goodbye! Also try to get some sleep." She giggled. "Okay, Bye!" Screech said before falling asleep. Spirit vanished as she waved goodbye.

When Screech woke up, he yawned tiredly. "Surprised I was even able to get at least a bit of sleep." Screech whispered to himself. Screech stretched his arms slightly before standing up and walking over to his closet and changing. Once he changed, he checked to see if any of his clothes were still dry so he could wear them. When he spotted none of them were dry, he went to his bathroom to brush his teeth. He then went back to his room and started drawing when he suddenly heard a knock on his door. "Who is it?" "Timothy" "Come in." Timothy enters his room and sees that he's drawing something. "Hey uh, can I draw with you?" Timothy asked nervously. "Sure." Screech answered hesitantly. Timothy pulled up a chair and sat down beside him. After a few minutes of them drawing, Timothy looked over at Screech's paper and saw that he was drawing a person. "Uh... who are you drawing?" He asked. "It's... No one..." Screech said awkwardly. Timothy glanced at Screech who was avoiding eye contact with him. Timothy then shrugged as he went back to drawing whatever he was drawing.

After another hour, Timothy finished his drawing which he showed Screech. Screech also finished his drawing and showed Timothy. Timothy immediately started gushing over how amazing the drawings look. Screech just laughed at him. Timothy eventually had to go so he left, waving goodbye to Screech in the process. About five minutes later, Halt walked into Screech's room. He then noticed Screech's drawing. He took one look at it and immediately recognized it as the person he saw yesterday. And as the person who [?] him in the first place.

Halt glared at Screech as he tried to keep calm. "Don't trust her." Was all he said before he started leaving . "Wait! What do you mean? " Screech shouted after him. Halt didn't respond but closed the door. "Fine. Whatever." Screech huffed angrily. He then sat down next to his drawing. 'Don't trust her...' Were the words that kept replaying in his head. 'She seems really nice though..." Screech thought to himself. He decided to shrug it off for now and just go visit Rush's room.

When he got to Rush's room, he knocked on the door and waited patiently for Rush's reply. After a few seconds, a little voice rang out, "Come in." Screech opened the door and greeted Rush. "Morning, Rush." "Oh, hi Screech!"

Rush smiled as he responded. "How did you sleep?" "Good, thanks. So... You want to do something today?" Screech asked. "Um... Sure, sure!" Rush chirped. "Alright, cool! Let's get going, I think I know where we can find the others." Screech replied happily. The two boys went down the hall together and up the stairs to where Hide was. Just before they knocked, Screech hesitated and looked back at Rush for a moment.

Rush stared back at Screech curiously. Suddenly, he felt a weird presence behind him. "Huh? Is someone here with us too?" He asked without turning around. There was no response. "Don't knock." He heard someone whisper. Rush ignored the voice and knocked on the door with Screech close behind... "Hide?" Rush called out. There was nothing but silence. He realized that the door was open but when he started walking, he heard the voice again. "Don't go in." The voice echoed, making Rush stop mid step. He turned towards Screech, questioning him silently. Screech simply shook his head, signaling to Rush that it was fine. Rush frowned before nodding his head and continuing on inside.

Once inside, they both walked up to Hide. As they were reaching for the light switch, the voice spoke again, telling them not to turn the light on. "Okay..." Rush sighed, knowing that someone was probably watching them or listening in. "You know Rush, maybe we should leave" Screech states. Rush sighed again but agrees nonetheless. Rush leaves the room as Screech follows behind him.

not that short but still kinda short so sorry

e

yes, Screech stayed in his pajamas