14: Accident?

Lolz

HMM

Meanwhile, Rush wandered around aimlessly, feeling completely lost. He had no clue where he was. At least none he could remember. He kept bumping into walls which was annoying. He tried to keep quiet as he walked though. He could hear footsteps coming towards him. Panic rose in his throat as he tried to avoid them.

Then, he heard something. Something coming towards him. Fear overwhelmed him as he decided to run for it. He ran as fast as his legs would carry him. He didn't know where he was going or even what he was running from. All he knew was that he needed to get away from whatever was chasing him. His eyes darted around wildly as he continued to run. He eventually made it to the end of hallway and closed the door behind him, locking it.

He hears banging on the door but doesn't open it. 'Maybe they'll just go away.' He thought desperately. But no such luck. They keep knocking and pounding. He eventually finds a staircase and decides to go up it. He walks higher...

and higher...

and higher up the staircase as he tries to ignore the banging. After walking up the staircase for what seemed like forever, he comes to a stop once again and leans against the wall. He sighs before he takes a seat on the edge of a step.

He rests his elbows against his knees and continues to listen. He hears footsteps...

and the footsteps get louder.

There's no doubt the footsteps are getting closer. Rush looks up in fear. What does he have to be scared of? He thinks sarcastically as he stays still on the step he's sitting on. He suddenly gets an overwhelming urge to cry. He tries to fight it back, but he ends up bursting into a loud sob.

He sniffles miserably, hiding his face behind his sleeves. "Hey... Rush... are you okay?" Screech asks from behind him. He flinches slightly before turning to look at him. "Screech? What are you doing here?" Rush asks surprised.

Screech sits next to him and puts a hand gently on his shoulder. "Well... we noticed that you and Seek were missing and found Seek in a locked hallway and I found you here." Screech explains as he shrugs.

Rush looked away shamefully as tears welled up in his eyes once more. "Hmph, there you go again crying... Stop it." Screech mumbled before leaning closer to him as he pulls him into a hug.

Then, Rush realized something. They found Seek in a locked hallway... So, was the person chasing him Seek? Rush shivered as he clung onto Screech tightly. "I'm sorry..." He muttered "Sorry... for what?" Screech asked confused, rubbing soothing circles on his back. Rush sighed softly. "For being stupid..." He murmured as his grip tightened around Screech. "Hey, don't call yourself that!" Screech scolded gently. Rush looked up at him before sniffling lightly.

"Th...thanks." Rush stuttered. Screech eventually got up with Rush to go with the others. They eventually got to them and Seek looked at Rush angrily before going to another room. They also realized that Hide was gone. "Uh... where is Hide?" Rush asked, worriedly. They all shrugged as they realized that Hide was gone also. "Oh no.." Screech whispered quietly.

short but is Hide gonna die next?