12: First Death

! Slight Gore Warning !

! Mentions of death !

Rush woke up, feeling a tad bit warm for some reason. He slowly opened his eyes and groaned slightly because he still felt exhausted. Then, he sneezed. He flinched slightly, covering his nose as his eyes watered. What the heck? His whole body feels hot. Could he possibly have a fever? Maybe not. Hopefully not. He coughed painfully. That's definitely not good. Rush pushed himself off his bed and decided to just change. He headed downstairs where he met with Timothy, Ambush, and Halt.

They all gave him sympathetic looks as they noticed how pale he had become. "Morning Rush~" Ambush greeted happily as he patted him gently on the back. Rush grimaced slightly but returned the smile, nonetheless. "Gee thanks." Rush replied tiredly. "Are you Okay? You look like you're sick..." Timothy asked worriedly.

"I'm fine... just a little dizzy." Rush admitted. "Are you sure?" Ambush asked as he placed his hand on Rush's forehead. "Yeah no, you have a fever." Ambush said as he pulled his hand back. "Maybe it's just the heat of the moment..." Rush insisted. "Definitely not." Halt said as he rolled his eyes. "Well, I guess you can just go get some re-" Then, they heard a thud. They looked in the direction of the source and found blood. Who's blood? They didn't know. They ran into the hallway. The blood kept going.

They got closer...

and closer...

and closer...

until...

it suddenly stopped. "Figure!" Ambush yelled as he stopped running.

[damn y'all caught me. yes its a danganronpa reference]

Figure was dead, having no Eyes and a pool of blood from under him. It seemed like his rib cage was showing also. "Oh my God...." Halt mumbled as he covered his mouth. "This is horrible..." Timothy added. "He's... gone." Rush said weakly. "How?" Ambush asked frantically. "I don't know."

Replied Rush sadly. Suddenly, Timothy felt sick. "Oh my God." Timothy stated as he stumbled backwards. "What?" Rush asked nervously. Timothy shook his head before crying and running somewhere.

Rush frowned. He felt really bad about seeing Timothy like this. He hated seeing him cry. "I'll... just go after him. Make sure to tell the others about this." Halt muttered quietly as he ran after Timothy. "We will..." Ambush answered. As soon as he turned away, Rush rushed upstairs to go after Timothy too. After finding him in a corner crying in fear, Rush grabbed his shoulders gently. "Timothy? Timothy are you alri--" Rush paused mid-sentence as Timothy went up and hugged him.

"Sorry." Was all Timothy managed to mutter. "No, it's fine." Rush assured Timothy comfortingly, stroking his hair lightly. Timothy sniffled. "I'm... going to my room" Timothy said quietly as he pulled apart from the hug and went into his room, closing the door behind him.

Rush looked at the closed door before sighing heavily. He ran a hand through his hair before turning around and heading to his room too. He just needed some time to think. Once inside his room, he took a deep breath before falling backwards onto his bed. He rubbed his eyes wearily as he laid there staring at nothingness blankly. He sighed again before letting out one long and shaky breath. After a few moments of silence, he closed his eyes. It was probably the best way to relax. Before he knew it, someone knocked on his bedroom door.

"Come in." Rush called as he closed his eyes even tighter. The person entered and closed the door softly. Rush tensed up as he opened his eyes to see Halt leaning against the door with a worried expression. "Hi." Halt said. Rush didn't reply, instead he just waved. "How are you holding up?" Halt questioned cautiously as he walked over to Rush and sat down beside him. "I'm okay."

Rush lied. "Really?? Because you seem pretty upset right now." Halt replied. "I am. But I will manage." "If you say so..." Halt responded unsurely, getting up to leave. Silence filled the room once again as Halt closed the door behind him. Rush sighed as he stared up at the ceiling again. It seemed like the entire day had passed without him realizing it.

He was so caught up thinking about Figure that he barely realized the time. Then, he sneezed, coughed, and sneezed again. He had completely forgotten about his fever. How stupid of him to forget something as big as that. After coughing for the last time, he decided to take some medicine.

He picked up his glass of water off his nightstand and downed the medication. His throat stung but he didn't care. As he finished swallowing the medicine, he stood up and made his way over to his bathroom. He washed his mouth out with some mouthwash as well as splashed his face with cool water.

Then, he remembered Figure. He frowned. "How could someone do this?..." He thought sadly. Figure didn't deserve to die like this. No one deserved to die like this. He was such an amazing friend. If only things were different. If only he were more observant... He could've prevented all of this from happening. He shook his head sadly. He couldn't think about that now. He needed to focus on making himself better. He looked at his reflection.

He looked absolutely miserable. He needed some sleep. Maybe a nap would help him feel better. So, he crawled back into bed and closed his eyes. He was asleep almost immediately.

Figure died first

RIP 😒👋