[27] Going Out For Dinner

General POV:

"Hey guys. It was, a-" Ethan's words were cut off merely by the sound of footsteps, which led to a voice and a water bottle soon to be in his hands.

"Here's your water, Eeth!" Amy smiled at him, putting her hands behind her back ever so innocently. 

It was hard to admit but, she was acting all lovey-dovey with Ethan ever since the Nickname Incident, and now he thought that she was giving him a nickname in return. Or as a way to say, "oh my gosh, thank you for giving me a nickname. You know what? You definitely didn't ask for it but I'll give you one anyways and guess what? I picked the worst one out for you! I picked 'Eeth'!"

"Pfft, where the fuck did that nickname come from?" Ethan scoffed, whilst basically laughing. He was almost choking on the water he had just sipped.

"Nowhere." Amy giggled, causing his suspicions to raise by a higher chance that she was definitely head over heals for him.

"Anyways, it was such a tough game and I think I'm gonna need a fiver (5 minute rest) before we even go anymore."

"Oh okay." Milo said.

"Hey, but you promised!" Meg whined, standing up to go in front of Ethan as he leaned back and rested on the hard, concrete wall that lay behind him. Had that wall not been there, he would've collapsed in seconds.

"Ugh, what did I promise you? What?" Ethan said, confused and annoyed that he would have to waste any more of his energy and breath that he was already losing just to start an argument with his little sister about her making things up. You know, typical brother-sister relationship.

"Ugh, Ethan! You know! You promised to take out for lunch and you didn't so now you need to take us out for dinner! Please? You promised-"

"Shut up, Meg! God, your voice is just so annoying and your always whinging all the time."

"Oh just shut up!"

"Guys, stop fighting. I think Ethan has something to say."

"Oh, yeah. Phew, here we go. I've practised faking an apology for years and it always works so here I go, I am sorry for-" Ethan coughed when he nudged in the arm by MIlo. Milo widened his eyes at Ethan, signalling him to continue with the promise he had made.

"Ugh!" Ethan sighed, in annoyance. "Meg, since I promised something I can't remember doing, we can go out for dinner. If you'd like, please say no! Please say no!"

"YES! Yes, oh my gosh yay! Finally, we haven't gone out for dinner in ages so this will be nice. And we are bringing Milo and, oh, I almost forgot Amy-"

"Nope." Ethan replied with swiftly.

"What!? What do you mean 'nope'? Of course she is coming, she has to! She must!" Meg declared that her best friend had the right to come with them, even if it meant that Meg would be paying the price of her food and drinks out of her own wallet.

"Meg, it's fine. I can go home and eat my grandma's. It's fine, you really don't have to." Amy said, walking backwards, trying to leave without causing an argument.

"No! No, I insist you come." Meg said, dragging Amy back to her.

"Yeah, see look! She can just eat at her grandma's." Ethan said, followed by a slight giggle at the end which only ended up with him saying 'Ouch!' as Milo lightly punched his arm.

"Ugh fine! Come with us. And I am sorry for being a little rude to you, it's just what I am like."

"It's sort of his thang." Milo said, laughing whilst looking Meg in the eyes. Her eyes shone bright like a diamond, causing him to instantly look away.

Damn it! Still not over the blushing and eye contact thing yet! Milo thought to himself.

"By the way, I am tired and what's the time?" Ethan asked.

"Uh, I got this. It's uh, exactly 8:00 pm so yeah!" Amy spoke, as quick as a flash.

"Okay, thanks." Ethan replied with.

"Let's go get food then! Because, I am starving I feel like I'm gonna die!" Meg exaggerated.

"Okay, okay. Calm down girl. We'll get you your food very soon!" Ethan said.

"Yeah, there's no way we are gonna let Meg starve any longer, let's get in the car. I'm driving, only cause I know hot to and because I am the only one who can drive here. Ethan, pass me the keys please?"

"Here you go." Ethan said, throwing them at Milo almost dropping them at him.

"Hey! Bro, you could've made me lose them and then how will we go?"

"Uh, by walking?" Ethan spoke sarcastically, earning an over-exaggerated laugh from Amy.

"Fuck off. Come on, let's go."

And so, with that, all four of them left the park and talked their whole way home. They finally got into the car. To paint a picture for you, Milo was driving so he was at the front seat and on the left side was Meg, sat right beside him. At the back, there was a suffering Ethan whilst being harassed by poor Amy, who was just trying to get closer to Ethan. Whilst they were driving, Meg finally spoke.

"Oh and Milo, by the way you got sweat on your forehead. Let me get that for you."

"Oh, on my head? Yeah, you could just let it be quick, don't wanna crash us. I'm surprised it hasn't evaporated yet." He laughed, nervously. His hands were pinned down on the wheel yet he leaned forward to let her wipe the sweat off his head, gently.

"Haha, I know right. It's, all, gone! There!" Meg said, wiping his head gently. They both looked at each other straight in the eye, which made such a simple task much more harder than it seemed. For real, how hard is it to wipe a boy's forehead.

"Somebody. Help. Me." Ethan said, pausing after each word, slowly losing his breath.

"Oh come on, Ethan! Don't be such a downer! And besides, Amy's really not that bad once you really get to know her properly and talk to her." Meg said, smiling happily. She smiled at how nice she was being but also smiling because of how Milo made her feel every time she and him looked each other in the eye.

"Blah blah blah! Shut up, no matter what you say, I will never like her. She's way too clingy and way too annoying for me." Ethan said, rolling his eyes.

"I can stop being annoying if you want me to!" Amy replied with.

"Guys, you can shut up because we are here. Get out the car everyone." Milo said, opening his car door.

"Wow, to say that 'Munchies' is only down the road and we've never been here is honestly pretty crazy. How have we never been here, Meg?" Ethan said, amazed by the place.

"Hm, I don't know maybe it's because YOU NEVER LET US GO OUT FOR DINNER! LIKE EVER!" Meg snapped.

"Hey, Meg. Calm down, this is a public place alright? Let's just, all settle down okay?" Milo said, smiling his signature, sweet smile that made her heart flutter yet again.

hey! hows ur day been? uhm i just made this chapter bc they r going out for food haha then the next few chapters are gonna get spicy... haha

Anyways, I really hoped that you found this chapter interesting, please kindly vote and comment as I would love to hear your opinions and thoughts about it! <3

*Important Reminder: also remember to eat well, sleep well and stay hydrated. also luv urselves bc yall are like too good for this world!*