[2] The Encounter

Hey guys! Thanks for all the support on this story and my other "What If?"! I can't thank you all enough because I thought that because of my month-long break I wouldn't get reads anymore and that you'd lost interest but no! You all are amazing and Ilysm <33                                                                                      Here's Chapter 2!

The boys played video games upstairs until it was 12 am and then felt so tired and cold that they just fell asleep. But, that's not what's important, what is important is that I had a little encounter with Mr. Manheim over here. Let's talk about it.

It was, well, I want to say 11-ish pm, and the boys were getting tired and cold. So was I. Anyways, I wanted to go to bed so I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, but they were sat on the floor and were playing and I felt someone was watching me. The bathroom was directly opposite Ethan's room so, without hesitation, I turned around before I locked the door. And Milo's eyes were glued to me, like I was the video game? His controller was still locked into position, in his hands. I locked eyes with him and I saw him smile, but I quickly shut the door and locked it. While I brushed my teeth, I wondered why he stared at me? Was there something on my face?

After I came out of the bathroom, Ethan was stood there. 

"Hey, Good night." I said to him, quietly.

"Night, uhm, now please move I really gotta go-" And with that he shut the door.

I walked into my room and I smiled at Milo and said Good night to him. I didn't hear what he said after but I'm sure he said it too. I was changing into my pyjamas and went into bed. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. And I say tried because I couldn't! Not with the loud music that was coming from somewhere. Ethan's room. I angrily lifted the covers off of me and stomped to Ethan's room. Milo was sat up on his bed. 

"Milo! Can't you turn it down? I'm trying to sleep." I said, raising my voice at the end.

"Oh, Meg. I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to disturb you. It's just, I don't know how to control the volume 'cause he went to the bathroom. I feel so bad." He looked me in the eye as he said this. I could just tell by looking into his eyes that he was telling the truth. Because he felt bad, I felt bad too.

"Milo, it's fine. Here, I'll show you how." I walked over as I bent over Ethan's drawer, where the music box was. I turned it down and he saw me do this. I tucked my fringe back behind me ear and got back up.

"Now you try, put it up and down." I said as he nervously agreed and did it.

"Yay," I whispered. "Okay, good night, for real now."

He just put his thumbs up. When I turned around, I could hear chattering. His teeth. He was still cold. I felt bad.

"Hey, Milo. Do you wanna come into my bed for now? While you wait. Or you can-"

"Sure," He said, rubbing his arms. I smiled at him, gosh he looked so cute.

I got into bed and he sat up next to me. He rested his head on his hand. I opened my eyes from which I closed to sleep and I saw him looking at me and smiling.

"What?" I said, looking at him. I could feel him and myself getting closer to each other. My heart was beating fast, like a drum. What was happening? One second he was bullying me the next second we were going to kiss? I, I didn't understand. Though I knew, I wanted this one kiss and so did he.

"Nothing, you just look so-" My brother came barging in. Me and Milo jumped.

"Wait, are you guys kissing?" 

"No!" We both said, in unison. We looked at each other and knew we both f**ked up.

"Ew, just no. I will not accept this." He grabbed Milo's hand and he waved goodbye to me.

"What had just happened?" I thought to myself. I sat up in bed and thought about it for a bit. Then, I ended up falling asleep. Tomorrow was going to be chaotic.

Milo's POV:

What just happened? I don't know, that's why I'm asking you. Seriously, I didn't think what was about to happen, was actually going to happen! Me and Meg almost kissed! Me, and Ethan's younger sister, aka the girl I used to bully two years ago, about to kiss! What the actual f**k! But I couldn't help myself, she just looked so peaceful in her bed. Her blonde hair covering her face, I mean, I've never met a girl as beautiful and gentle like her. Even without makeup! As Ethan pulled my arm, we went into his room.

"What the f**k was that, hm?" He looked kinda mad.

"Listen, I don't know-"

"What do you mean 'you don't know'?" 

"It all happened so fast, that I didn't get a chance to stop and say, "Hey, I don't think that coming that close to your best mate's sister, is the best decision." I gulped as I waited for him to reply.

 Then, out of nowhere he started laughing. Like what? His mood turned from angry to happy, in a matter of seconds. His brows went from furrowed to neutral. I was so confused, I raised my brow at him.

"Look, man." He said, his laughs cutting his words in between. "You can date her if you wanna, I'm just joking with you."

"Okay, firstly I'm not gonna date her, 'cause I don't even like her."

"Bruh," He formed his hand into a fist and put it over his mouth to stop him from laughing. I had to smile to make it seem like it was funny, just to make him happy. Am I a good friend? I don't know, you tell me.

"You were both about to kiss, I think you pulled her in cause she's never kissed anyone in her life."

"Okay, I'm gonna stop you there, we didn't even kiss, stop making this a big deal."

"Okay, dude. Let's go to sleep."

"Okay, night man." I said. I closed my eyes but couldn't sleep. Everything today was so weird. The fact that I'm having to stay at my best friend's house was weird for a start but then the almost kiss with his younger sister. I couldn't believe that we did. Plus, she'd never kissed a boy in her life! I didn't know what to think after that. I tossed and turned, thinking about today, one of the most chaotic days of my life, and probably hers.

I really hoped that you found this chapter interesting, please kindly vote and comment as I would love to hear your opinions and thoughts about it! <3

*Important Reminder: also remember to eat well, sleep well and stay hydrated. also luv urselves bc yall are like too good for this world!*