[19] Always On Their Phones

"Yes, I am sure Ethan! Me and Meg are like nothing okay? Well, we are actually just friends and nothing more."

"Maybe friends with benefits?"

"Just shut up sometimes." Milo abruptly spoke, showing Ethan that he had quite frankly had enough of this stupid talk about him and Meg having such a thing between them. Like he said, it'd never happen! Or would it...?

"Okay, I am gonna go downstairs because I don't like my name being thrown around from place to place and I certainly do not appreciate my name being within this type of conversation, alright?" Meg squinted her eyes at Ethan as she spoke.

"Okay, Meg. You go down, I'll go make some breakfast and maybe, Ethan, will get off my back."

"Okay, Milo. Bye!" Meg spoke softly.

"Sorry, dude. But, I was just joking okay? We still buds right..."

"Of course we are. What kind of stupid question was that?" Milo said, smiling at Ethan.

Before Milo knew it, Meg had practically flew down the stairs. He sighed as he walked down with Ethan right in front of him. He opened the living room door to check on Meg and as he guessed, she was sat on the sofa/couch with her phone in her hand, endlessly scrolling away on TikTok.

"Already on the screens I see." Milo commented from behind her.

"Huh? Oh, right. Sorry!"

"Nah, it's fine. Don't sweat it." Milo grinned at her, causing butterflies to flood her stomach.

"O-oh okay." Meg spoke, hardly anything to be heard. 

Milo left her with a smile on his face and he entered the kitchen to see Ethan.

"So, what are you planning to make, huh?" Ethan said, facing away from Milo and towards the cabinet. There, he was stood, reading the label of a 'Nutella' jar. "Waffles or pancakes?"

"I was thinking waffles but I should ask you and Meg first. So, waffles or pancakes?"

"I really want waffles but now it's up to Meg to decide. Let's go to her and ask."

"Yeah," Milo said, before walking to the living room to see Meg back on her phone. "Really, Meg? I thought I told you not to go on your phone straight away after you've just woken up!"

"Sorry," She pulled a face that read, 'Oh no, I've just got caught'. It was written all over her face.

"That's besides the point Milo. Ask her if she wants waffles or pancakes." Ethan said.

"Well, you've just asked for me so-"

"Waffles. Waffles all the way!" Meg responded quickly, Milo jumped when she did. He didn't even get to finish off his sentence.

"Okay, then. Waffles it is. You, yes you Ethan, come with me. You're gonna be my little helper."

"What? Ugh, not fair. I could be using this time for, well, useful things. Uh, like calling Jessie."

"Ugh, you and your girlfriend. Come on." Milo grabbed Ethan's arms and dragged him away into the kitchen. His voice screamed, 'Help!' as it faded away, causing Meg to laugh at how childish he was.

~TIMESKIP~

They had finally made the waffles after about half an hour later and they set out their plates in front of them. Milo came around them all as they were all sat around and served it up. As soon as he sat down, Meg and Ethan had already started eating their waffles.

 As soon as he sat down, Meg and Ethan had already started eating their waffles

"Well we are very hungry." Ethan said, chewing his food as he spoke.

"Ew, chew with your mouth closed and definitely do not talk whilst you are eating, that is digusting!" Meg said, dissatisfaction written all over her face.

"Sorry, but Milo was talking to us so it's rude to not talk back to him."

"It's rude if you don't talk back, not straight away." Meg rolled her eyes at him.

"Okay, guys settle down." Milo said.

~TIMESKIP~

Shortly after breakfast, they all sat down on the sofa/couch and were straight away on their phones, all of them except for Milo. He believed that this was wrong as this would soon become routine, and probably already was, and sure enough they would become addicted.

"Hey, guys. Wanna get off of your phones and live a little? There's a beautiful world outside and life's not all about phones all of the time, you know." Milo said, awkwardly as the room echoed his voice, which was previously filled with silence.

Meg and Ethan both looked up from their phones and their smiles faded away in unison. Milo sighed and said, "Do you guys want me to repeat myself or-"

"Nope, we heard you. We just wish we didn't listen to you." Ethan said, rudely before looking back at his phone. Meg was sat directly next to him so she lightly smacked his arm and frowned at him.

"What?" Ethan muttered, confused to why his sister hit him.

"Don't be rude and listen to him! Besides, I think I'm with Milo on this one because he's actually right to do this."

"You're always siding with Milo, when I'm your own brother. Just 'cause you like him. You know, you don't have to make it obvious." Ethan rolled his eyes, causing Meg to widen her eyes at him, waiting for Ethan to give in on it.

"Ugh, fine." Ethan finally said.

"Yay, I'm going to go do my makeup and get dressed!" Meg said, standing up from the sofa/couch. 

"Well, looks like we won't be going, we'll be sat here waiting hours just for you to finish. Trust me, I know how long she takes and she takes ages." Ethan emphasised.

"Hey, be a little nicer!" Milo said to Ethan. "You go get dressed, look lovely and come down because we will not leave without you, no matter how long you take!"

"Thanks Milo." Meg said, about to kiss his cheek. She was so close to kissing him but she remembered everything and slowly backed away. 

Sorry for no updates in like 2 days! I've been busy but here's chapter 19! Anyways, I really hoped that you found this chapter interesting, please kindly vote and comment as I would love to hear your opinions and thoughts about it! <3

*Important Reminder: also remember to eat well, sleep well and stay hydrated. also luv urselves bc yall are like too good for this world!*