[24] The Plan Worked

General POV:

"Oh no, not this again. I hate when you start going into your deep thoughts. Something bad is gonna happen, I can smell it. I just know it..." Meg said, covering her face.

"What if, I switch places with Milo."

"What do you mean, Amy? I'm not catching on." Meg said, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Meg, I mean what if, me and Milo switch places in the match. Basically, when the game pauses for a rest, Milo will come sit down and talk to us. Then, it's my chance to ask him if I can take a turn and play basketball instead of him when the game starts."

"Okay, I'm listening Amy." Meg said, putting on her serious face to show her understanding.

Okay, now once the game has started again, you can then start talking to him while I fail and work my butt off in the game to impress Ethan. You can then confess, kiss kiss and then we talk and laugh about how amazing your boyfriend is and how amazing my planning skills are, alright?" Amy spoke so fastly, yet Meg managed to hear every single word she spoke.

"Also, it's a win-win for both of us. I can get closer to Ethan and you can have Milo as your soon to be boyfriend! It's works for us both ways." Amy said, excited at the thought of playing against her all time crush, Ethan.

"Okay, got it and oh yeah! But are you sure it's gonna work? I mean yeah it's smart but it's spontaneous. This could go one way or another Amy, are you super sure?" Meg said, a panicked look on her face.

"Ugh, Meggie! Stop procrastinating and just relax for a bit! This will all work out alright? You just have to believe and trust me okay?" Amy said, reassuringly showing Meg that there really was nothing to worry about. She held her shoulders and spoke confidently so she had to be sure and right.

"Okay, I believe and trust you, Amy." Meg said, releasing a sigh of relief.

"Okay, now we just wait until the game ends, that way, the plan will work." The emphasise on will meant that Amy was way too convinced it would work, causing Meg to laugh a little.

"Will? How could you be so sure? Have you tried this before with Ethan? Does this mean that he likes you too?" Meg asked, jokingly.

"Okay, fine. Maybe it might not work, but hey, it's worth a shot right? I mean, come on! Just try, alright? And if it doesn't work, we'll think of another way to get Milo to like you, though I think he does like you but anyways. I think the round is ending in a few minutes."

"Well that's just great. Haha, no but uhm I'm sorry but I don't know what to do if this plan works or not. It probably won't, Amy."

"Will you just stop? Look, there's the love of your life, right there. He's working his butt off to score some goals." Amy said, pointing at Milo, who had the ball in his hand.

"Yeah, he is pretty great, isn't he?" Meg said, resting her chin on one hand whilst watching closely and carefully.

"Yeah, he is. But, have you seen Ethan, your brother?"

"Don't say he is my brother out loud, I don't like being embarrassed by people who know me and him and his friends. They are so annoying, oh my god." Meg complained.

It was true, they all used to bully Meg and tease her to the point where she actually fought with his stupid friends. Sometimes, they would even hit on her, but Ethan was always there to tell them to piss off. He'd always tried to defend her and be there for her when his creepy weirdo friends were any where near her. Though he didn't care about her for much of her life, he was there most of the time for her and that was okay.

"Stop it Meg. Just watch them." Amy said, practically drooling over Ethan.

"Okay, whatever." Meg sighed and continued to watch over Milo.

Then, with a blink of an eye he began dribbling the ball. And with that he tried to shoot but he couldn't, so he looked around to see who was available to give it to. That way, this would ensure them victory or at least another point. He instinctively looked around, meaning all around his surroundings. Meg blushed a little when she looked Milo in the eye and he looked her back. 

"Ooh, la la. He's looking at you." Amy teased, pointing at Meg as she spoke.

"This is cute and all but he needs to focus! Also, they both don't even know that I am here yet!" Meg exclaimed.

"Well, that's gonna be a pleasant surprise then." Amy muttered jokingly.

Milo's POV:

"Milo, Milo! Milo! Over here!" Someone screamed.

As I looked away from Meg's ocean orbs, I could see everyone looking at me. Embarrassed, I looked down to see that I still had the ball and I still hadn't passed it to anyone. Without thinking, I threw the ball over to Ethan, who panicked like mad.

"It's okay, dude. You can do it! You just gonna believe." I encouraged Ethan to try hard and win it for us.

"Okay, fine." Ethan took a deep breath as he had the ball and was now about to score, and he... SCORES!

The whole team was so happy that they began cheering like mad. Everyone was surprised to see that the boy who has never shot, actually shot! The whistle was blown and the teen- referee got everyone to take a rest.

General POV:

"Looks like the game is over now, aw Ethan is just amazing at everything." Amy sighed, in love with Ethan.

"Quit drooling, he's coming over!" Meg began frantically panicking as she could see Milo making his way to them.

"Milo? Ugh, Meg! Quit panicking and just go with the flow!"

"Hey, M-Milo! Great game by the way, you did so well." Meg began stuttering so easily, it was hard to understand, let alone hear a single word she was spitting out.

"Aw, thanks Meg! Yeah, no we did try our hardest and I guess it did pay off. But props to Ethan who scored his first professional goal ever!" Milo exclaimed with extreme happiness.

"H-here come sit down, next to me." Meg said, shyly. She instinctively looked at Amy, who was putting her thumbs up to ask if she was okay. Meg nodded and Amy opened her mouth.

"Oh no, she's about to ask Milo about next round, the switch! What if it doesn't work?" Meg thought to herself.

"Uhm, Milo! Hey, uh I have a question for you." Amy spoke.

"Go on." Milo said, before taking a sip of his water.

"Can I play basketball instead of you? What I mean is can I switch places with you?"

"Uhm, it'll be a bit hard 'cause we are all boys. But I'm all for it, yeah! The game'll start in a few." Milo said, before bending down to the ground to put down his water bottle. He was sat in between both of the girls.

"Oh, okay." Amy said, with no reaction on the outside. On the inside she was screaming and so was Meg.

"The plan worked, ah!" They both whisper-screamed, excitedly. They both twiddled their fingers together in excitement but stopped when he looked back up.

"Something happen, or?" Milo said, looking confused.

"Nope, nothing!" Meg spoke, confidently.

Hey yall, so sorry for no chapters im so sorry, i was rlly busy ik thats like my excuse every time but uhm yeah. i made a new mashup today haha so if u want check it out. but about this chapter tho i am just letting u know that i am TERRIBLE at writing abt them playing basketball/whatever game i made it seem like they were playing haha!

Anyways, I really hoped that you found this chapter interesting, please kindly vote and comment as I would love to hear your opinions and thoughts about it! <3

*Important Reminder: also remember to eat well, sleep well and stay hydrated. also luv urselves bc yall are like too good for this world!*