[26] The Nickname She Had

Back To General POV:

Meg looked over and towards the basketball court to see how Amy was doing or what on earth she even was doing, when she caught me looking at her as we both maintained eye contact with each other. Amy had the ball in her hands and wiggled her eye brows at Meg when she looked down at Milo's hands holding tightly and affectionately onto Meg's.

Amy was terrible at basketball and she knew it, she just didn't want to make a fool of herself in front of her one and only, her love of her life, also known as her best friend's brother Ethan. All she cared about was not trying her best at the game or trying to show good team work or leadership, no none of that stuff at all. All she ever cared about was impressing Ethan because she knew she had to in order for him to like her back, love her just as much as she loved him. It was the only way. So, without thinking Amy looked away from Meg's direction and tried to shoot. Her plan was to mentally map the place out and then figure out a way to sort of, cheat to shoot the ball in? She knew it was wrong, she felt it was wrong yet her inner feelings told her that it was the only way. Amy raced towards the hoop, but Amy missed by a little and grunted in anger.

"Fuck! I missed!" Amy cursed to herself aloud, causing all eyes to be on her. She angrily threw the ball at someone, almost hitting the one who she was trying to impress, the reason why she even tried so hard, Ethan.

"Better luck next time, Ames." Ethan said, patting Amy's shoulder as he looked genuinely sad and looked like her actually felt bad for her. She felt a smile tugging at her thin lips of hers.

"Uh, it's, it's okay. But, uhm thanks anyways! It means alot." She blushed at the thought of them dating, seeming as he used a new nickname for her.

"I'm trying to be nice and comfort you, Amy. Not trying to say that I like you." Ethan said in a nice way, though it hurt her deep inside. She shrugged and played a fake smile.

"It's whatever. I'm going to carry on playing anyways." She didn't mean to neither did she even have intentions to flick her dark brown hair in his beautiful and handsome face, yet she did it anyways.

"Hm, suit your self, I guess." Ethan said, brushing her hair out of his face.

They continued to play once again and went for another round of basketball until Ethan could no longer take it anymore. He had had enough of playing around so he tried to get the perfect shot on this time. This was his only chance and only shot to be "the perfect basketball player" that they've ever seen! 

Meanwhile, Amy went to go and sit down next to Milo and Meg, who were practically being all lovey-dovey with each other as they continued to give each other small gestures and touches all around each other which made both of their hearts flutter like crazy.

"Fricking kiss already!" Amy said, throwing her arms in an angry way in front of her.

Meg was giggling and Milo was lightly tickling her chin all the way to her neck but she stopped when she saw her best friend being angry and upset.

"You should probably talk to her-" His words were merely cut off by her elegant voice.

"Yeah, I will. Uh, thanks Milo. By the way, uh, you were great out there and you are great right now." She said, before letting out a slight giggle and laugh. 

She then planted a gentle, soft kiss on his cheek causing them to brighten in colour. He was already blushing from before but now he was blushing even more!

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, no worries, uhm Meg." He said, stuttering every word. He then folded his arms and looked away from her, embarrassed by the colour that was forming bigger onto his bright and boldly red cheeks.

"Hey, Ames. What's up?"

"Don't. Stop."

"Wait, wha-"

"STOP IT MEG STOP IT! STOP CALLING ME AMES!"

"What! What are you talking about," Meg took a pause and thought for a second. She didn't want to make the same mistake as before and call her "Ames" even though that's what she grew up calling her, so she called her by her given name. "Amy?"

"Ugh, it's just, I hate that nickname! It gives me bad memories of what just happened a few moments before this. Ugh, you just don't and won't get it!" Amy said, her voice breaking.

She began to tear up and as soon as Meg saw this, her heart began to melt away. She hated the thought of her best friend crying but her nightmares becoming true and into her reality? Amy crying in front of her right now? She had to stop her from feeling this way...

"Aw, come here. Was it my stupid annoying ratty little brother over there? Did he do this to you, because if he did I'm about to slap this bi-"

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, HEY! He may have broken my heart by telling me for the 100th billion time that he doesn't like me but you DO NOT, and I say DO NOT call him any of those names that you just did because:

1. He is an amazing person and is so sweet. (even if he doesn't seem like it to me)

& 2. He is so handsome, I mean come on! Can you resist his gorgeous features?"

Meg gagged as she heard such words exit her best friend's mouth. 

"Ugh, can you believe her words right now? I mean come on! Handsome? Give me a break! All my brother ever is, is just an annoying little brat that lives in my house for some stupid reason." Meg though to herself, disgusted at the thought of her brother ever being liked by anyone else other than Amy.

*ETHAN'S LOCATION, THE BASKETBALL COURT*

Ethan was about to score the most important goal in his life. He could feel the adrenaline run free through his body as his blood began pumping around his body, faster and quicker. The more he thought about it, the more over complicated it became. No, no something was missing. Something, or someone. He needed the person that would support him, more like people. A group. And in that group, he needed Milo, Meg and Amy. They had all helped him go through thick and thin and this meant the world for him so he just needed them to be there. Only one problem, Amy was upset with him.

"Hey, Ames! Over here!" Ethan began shouting like a mad-man, causing Amy's eyes to be locked on him. "Hey, Ames! So uhm, I'm doing this for you alright! Just please can you, Milo and Meg watch?"

Amy felt a smile tugging at the very thin lips of hers and she shouted back. "Okay!" with a big smile on her face. He really didn't know what this really meant to her. She called Meg and Milo to come over and watch as he ran towards the hoop and... HE SCORES! His whole team congratulated him and then he went over to them all. They were all so happy for him.

hello! sorry for this chapter being very longingly awaited! I have been working on other things haha and yeah! exams r coming up and wow i am NOT ready! but yeah hope you enjoyed this chapter and yh ily <3

Anyways, I really hoped that you found this chapter interesting, please kindly vote and comment as I would love to hear your opinions and thoughts about it! <3

*Important Reminder: also remember to eat well, sleep well and stay hydrated. also luv urselves bc yall are like too good for this world!*