10

(Jo is now 8 years old and Brad is 9)

"C'mon Brad wake uuup!" I said while climbing on top of him. Shaking his shoulders as he slowly woke up.

"Finally! I have been trying to get you up for ten minutes!" I say with a scowl on my face

He smiles at me while stretching his arms out.

"What's the rush Jobear?"
He says with a smirk.
Ugh...he knows I hate that nickname.

"Our first day of fourth grade is today and we need to be on time." I said sternly.

He seemed to find it funny because he was chuckling.

"I remember when you used to be so shy around me and pretty much everyone. I'm glad you are out of your bubble." He said.

What he said was true. I was really shy at first but now I'm more open. As long as Brad is near me I feel more confident.

"Ya ya ok whatever just go brush your teeth or something. I'm gonna puke again." I said while waving my hand in my face.

I was totally lying. I can't smell anything. I'm just messing with him since there was this one time I smelt his morning breath and almost puked.

Brad got so embarrassed that he ran to the bathroom and used the whole bottle of mouth wash and brushed his teeth 3 times.

Now I just like to tease him about it.

Brad frowns at me.

"Is it really that bad?" He asked with his hands slightly covering his mouth.

I giggle and take his hand away from his mouth. I feel the well know sparks as our skin makes contact.

"I was just messing with you, but seriously mister, you need to get ready." I say while trying to jump off of him. I just realized that I was pretty much straddling him. Oops...awkward. I honestly don't think he minds he always likes me to be close to him.

"Oh no you don't." Brad says while holding me down by grabbing my waist.

He pulls me down on top of him. And wraps his arms around me.

"What no good morning kiss?" He questions.

I squeak before jumping out of his arms and running down the stairs.

I can hear him laughing from upstairs.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
(They are both at Jo's house)

The first day went pretty well. Besides he fact Brad punched a kid named Drew in the face.

Honestly, Drew was asking for it. He kept touching me and annoying me.

Brad gets super duper jealous when other people touch me.

He always says stuff about me being "his".

Anyways Brad got so mad he pushed Drew away from me and punched him right in the nose!

He shouldn't of punched him. Brad sometimes goes over board but he is just trying to protect me I guess.

We are now sitting in the kitchen eating cookies my mom made.

We have to wait to get a call from the school to find out what's his punishment is.

The phone ringing brings me out of my thoughts.

My mom races to it.

"Ah yes hello!" She says.

I think it's Brad's mommy calling to tell us what his punishment is.

"Ok I'll tell them. See you in a few." She said while hanging up. She looks kinda upset.

She turned to us with a worried look on her face.

"Alright Brad you have two days of out of school suspension. And for your punishment out of school is no sleep overs with Jo for two weeks. You guys can still hang out during the day but no sleepovers." Mommy said in a serious tone.

Wait, I need to be near him. He is like my teddy bear.
Literally I can't really sleep with out him. After I got over my stuffed bear I went to Brad and now I can't sleep without him.

I did try one time but that didn't end well. Mommy had to call up his mommy so Brad can come sleep with me. I guess I it's like separation issues. But only with my mommy and Brad.

(If you guys haven't figured it out Jo doesn't have dad.)

Brad looks really angry. He looks like he's about to explode. So I hold his hand to try and make him calm down. It has worked over the years.

It doesn't seem to be working. I pull him into a hug hoping that will calm him down.

It doesn't. Oh boy.....